NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Monday, October 6, 2003

I don't care who hates me, who is angry at me, who disagrees with me, and what anyone else thinks about me - I have never been happier.


MOOD: happypeacefulhungry

BACKGROUND: Groovie Ghoulies "Travels with my Amp"


Last Saturday night, I, Reverend Steve Galindo, along with Mr. Lobo of tv's Cinema Insomnia, hosted a very special midnight showing of Tim Burton's "Ed Wood" at downtown Sacramento's legendary Crest theater. I was there with my lovely, wonderful angel Tash, some incredible friends from my work, and a handful of friendly, loyal followers of Woodism, and I passed out flyers and preached the wonders of Ed Wood and Woodism. And before the film I took the stage and led the audience in a Woodian prayer.


That's a big thing for me, because I am in reality a shy little guy. I don't go out too much. I'm not a club sort of guy. I don't drink, don't smoke, and I don't do drugs. My life lately is really all about video games and trying to start a family. I can be really quiet and shy in situations that are new to me with people that I don't know. So taking the stage and preaching Woodism in front of hundreds upon hundreds of strangers was a really big step for me. I was so scared. But Tash was right there the whole time holding my hand, making me realize that I have to be myself, just say "fuck you" to all the nay-sayers, including the ones inside my own head, and just be myself.


I am a different man, a happier man, a family man, and a grown-up man. I have moved on. Anyone out there who is angry with me and pissed off at me and wants to vent and rage and scream at me is just yelling at a brick wall because your petty bickering doesn't phase me one bit. Be angry with me. I don't care. No more whining here about pasy friends and lost loves and broken hearts. Fuck that crap. That is all in the past. You are all in the past. I am no longer a "get into a fight/why did she leave me" sort of guy, the last breath of me that was a sad, depressed little drinker.


I am now a "changing diapers" guy. I am now a "give the baby a bath" guy. I am now Reverend Steve, less crazy manic guy and more growing up adult guy. And I have never been happier.

No comments: