NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Saturday, January 3, 2004

The past is a boomerang, but not in a boring, stationary sort of way ... the past is a constantly moving, constantly recycling, always in motion boomerang trown by Chris Pontius on the South America episode of "Wildboyz" when he threw the boomerang and it came back and slashed his head wide open.


MOOD: wiredexcitedupsettoothache

BACKGROUND: "Four Rooms"


Right now I'm watching the movie "Four Rooms" in my kitchen drinking coffee and eating Jack in the Box, whom I will never forgive for taking their Philly Cheesesteak away. Watching this movie gives me such a mad rush of emotions. Back in the day me and Tom and Joey must have watched this goddamn movie a million-plus times in the theater. Room two has started, which is great because apart from seeing the red-headed chick's duct-taped titties, the first room is shit. We talked about that, Tom and Joey and me, probably while at a Denny's somewhere. No. Perkins. Tom fucking loved that Perkins.


I lived in Phoenix for about eighteen years. Then out of nowhere my parents move to Sacramento and I stayed in Phoenix until a year or two later my financial status forced me to move in with my family in Sacramento. I remember the time I spent alone in Phoenix. I mean, I know that I wasn't alone. I had friends and a girlfriend and her family and it was good and all but I just missed my family and after a while I started to feel that I was left by my family, that my family didn't care enough about me to do anything for me and simply left me in Phoenix thinking that eventually I'd run with my taiol between my legs to them in Sacramento, which I eventually did.


Now it looks as if they're moving back to Phoenix. Ain't that funny? Now that I'm here with them, I've been here almost two years, now my parents decide to move back to Phoenix. That's hillarious. And as much as I miss the sun and the heat and the feeling of a hot sun just scorching your skin and hot sweat just dripping down your face, there is absolutely no way that I could move back there right now. So I'm not going to.


There's a lot of things I miss about Phoenix that are nowehere to be seen in Sacramento. Whataburger. Atomic Comics. Metrocenter. Zia Records. Cine Capri. Bennigans. Peter Piper Pizza. The pinball machines at Castles and Coasters. Kenrda Wake. Big Surf. A Big Juan at the Chuck Wagon. Being able to smoke inside a Denny's. Ferrets. The kick ass Phoenix Zoo. Harkins Cinema. The Drive-Ins. Fuck, I even miss the stupid, ignorant, ostentatious yelling match that is "The Rocky Horror Picture Show."


And the heat. Oh fuck how I miss the heat. I would kill to have some of that heat back here. Last night I was with my girlfriend at her place and we both fell asleep and I woke up and it was 3am, right? So I get dressed and go to the car and it was COVERED with ice. I couldn't even unlock the car because the lock was frozen stiff. I spent like ten minutes carving ice off the windows with an old CD case I had in my back seat. It was crazy as hell. I spent twenty minutes trying to unfrost the windows. The temp gague in my car said it was 29 degrees and for a second I prayed that those numbers would reverse themselves and I'd be back in 92 degree weather.


But my life is incredibly exciting here and the year 2004 seems to be one that is just full of infinite possibilities, all of them involving both my great girlfriend Natasha and her/our daughter Emerald. I have a family here and as much as I miss the heat I'm not going to leave my new family here in Sacramento to follow MY family back to Phoenix.


I love Natasha and my little Emerald and I love all the things that are happening to me here in this crazy ass town and I am not moving. I am way too happy here to move. I'm just going to sit here and watch "Four Rooms" and when that boomerang comes back, I'm just going to duck.


The third room is the fucking best!

No comments: