NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Sunday, August 29, 2004

Last night I drank like I had something to prove.


MOOD: tiredandabithungover

BACKGROUND: Bootleg DVD of "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban"


Natasha and I decided to throw our friend Marisa a surprise birthday party. Marisa is a very sweet, very beautiful woman and someone who I honestly and sincerely love and care about. And Natasha is all about her. We both are. She's been through a lot of painfull stuff, some of which reminds me of what I went through with The Big Him, so Tash and I both wanted her 21st birthday to be something really special. So we had a modestly sized suprize alcohol fest for her. She seemed really touched and suprised and moved by the whole entire thing. I thought she knew that we weren't really taking her to the movies, but apparently we did suprise her. It really made me feel good about myself to know that she was touched by what we did.


Then the alcohol started flowing pretty fast. I hadn't eated a single thing all day so the Red Stripes and the Smirnoff and the monstrous punch went straight to my head and the next thing I know I'm detached from myself, watching myself enjoy the entire party in sped up slow motion. Hard to explain. Strange night. But unlike the last party I went to at Nikara's house ... actually, it was Nikara's party ... I was shy and reserved and lonely. It was so nice to be in a party situation and be able to laugh and be myself and not skulk the whole time.


I'm sure that had nothing to do with the alcohol.


Now we all need to have another going away party over at The Place That Never Cards. That last one I went to was fun as hell. It's just that, in order for that to happen, someone at work needs to leave.


"Hey Kevin, here's a pamphlet for Kent, Ohio. Doesn't it look nice?"


I'm going to a taping of WWE Smackdown this tuesday. I'm psyched. I've been to four Raw taping but this will be my first Smackdown taping. So I'm really excited. I feel like a child before Christmas. Silly, I know, but that doesn't change my feelings of excitement. But Smackdown won't come to me without a hefty price. First I have to close at work tonight then open up tomorrow. It's like in Shawshank Redemption how he had to crawl through the sewage pipe to break free of prison. That's me with work and Smackdown. That sucks ass that I have to do this but I'm willing to do it to get my hands on an Eddie Guerrero t-shirt.


On a random note, I am deathly afraid of both flying and snakes, so why is it that I'm not scared of airplanes flown by snakes? "This is your captain speaking ... hiss." That doesn't scare me at all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Steve! You and Natasha and Nikara and Lance are the best. You and Natasha have shown me such unbelievable kindness. It means a lot to me.

Rock on!
~Marisa

Anonymous said...

I agree. Reverend Steve rocks just as Ed Wood rocked Hollywood butts back in his day. Love ya lots, Rev!

-Janice in Texas