NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Friday, October 15, 2004

Wow, I actually feel important, like I am somebody worthwhile.


MOOD: excitedbutallasthma

BACKGROUND: The Format "Interventions + Lullabies"


So this weekend is the culmination of almost half my life's work, my dream ever since I was fifteen years old, to have a festival in an actual movie theater that brought together great music and Ed Wood movies, to call in Edwoodstock and to be on stage talking to people and making them happy. And in order to have this happen successfully, I've been forced to crawl out of the hole that I usually hide underneath and talk to people and schedule interviews and meet with people and a whole bunch of other stuff that I usually try not to do seeing as how I'm so shy.


So yesterday the November issue of Premiere magazine ... yes, that's right, THE Premiere magazine ... came out and it had a little article about me. It was frightening to see that my article and interview shared the page with Matt Parker and Trey Stone, the creators of South Park. That was a bit of a mindfuck for a shy, skinny little mexican boy from Prestcott, Arizona.




So, to sum up, I'm in the November issue of Premiere magazine, the 7th Anniversary Halloween issue of Rue Morgue magazine, this week's Sacramento News and Review with a big two-page spread, and Film Threat.com has an interview with me and a bit of news as well.


And my life still hasn't changed. I though it would but it hasn't. I'm still having nosebleeds. I'm still having asthma problems. But somewhere deep inside me, I have this unshakable feeling that I'm important. And that feels really cool.

No comments: