NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Morning in the Galindo household.


MOOD: happycontenthornyandhungry

BACKGROUND: Mix CD "Third Trimester"


Natasha is on her third trimester so she gets to sleep in. So when Emerald wakes up at seven in the morning and DEMANDS to be played with then it's up to me to be Super Pregnant Dad and get up with her, It's just another cool early morning doing nothing with me and Emerald, who seems to grow every day. I can't believe she used to not be able to talk. Now she's three and talking up a storm. It's amazing. She picked the music. It was between The Beatles "Revolver" or my mix cd "Third Trimester." She picked the mix.


...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead just played "Crowning of a Heart" followed by Beatles with "You've Got to Hide Your Love Away." Then the band Ra, who no one has heard of and that sucks ass, is playing their song "Walking and Talking" which to me right now is the single most beautiful song ever written. Emerald picks the good music. She's going to be so fucking cool when she grows up. She asked us yesterday if she could watch Mystery Science Theater 3000. Actually, she asked to watch S-A-N-T-A, which is Emerald-ese for the "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians" episode from their Essentials boxed set. And her favorite song is "Jane Says" by Jane's Addiction. Emerald is going to be so fucking cool when she grows up.


I tell Emerald to lower it a bit. Armor for Sleep is too loud. I can't wait to see them on the Warped Tour. Their new album "What To Do When You Are Dead" rocks fucking ass. That line "I came down here to tell you it rains in heaven all day long," that just crushes my heart every time I hear it. I'm psyched to see Big D and the Kid's Table for their angry nine-something minute rant song against Los Angeles. I'm also psyched to see Gratitude, the happy version of onelinedrawing. Onelinedrawing is good but I'm happy now with my family and my house and my daughter and my wife, so I need happier music, not that emo crap. So, goodbye onelinedrawing, hello Gratitude.


Warped Tour is always so much fun. It would be even more fun if it wasn't always so packed with hip, clueless, rich white teenagers with their too cool for school fucking attitudes. Fucking angry teens that go to Warped Tour just to be seen at Warped Tour instead of checking out all the sweet bands and the amazing music. Natasha and I always hide from those people. We Find our quiet little spot. Last year we spent all our time watching the same bands we've seen locally a million times before, Secretions, Phenomenauts, Groovie Ghoulies. It wasn't filled with angry youth or ignorant pretension. It was warm and friendly and incredibly fucking cool. I hope we can find that again this year.


23g


That last bit was typed by our new cat. It's only a month or so old and it's so small. It has stripes all over his body and somebody wanted to call his Stripe like the head evil gremlin. So Natasha and I said, too break from convention, lets call him by another gremlin from the movie, you know, just to toss it up. So we have a new cat and its name is Gizmo. It walked on the keyboard as I was getting cereal for Em. Silly, stupid, cute, dumb fucking cat. The music keeps rolling along, though, "Bittersweet Symphony" followed by Bobby Darin's "Under the Sea." Nice, mellow mix.


I ask Emerald if she missess her dog. She pouts yes in that cute way that only three-year-olds can do. I ask her if she knows why we got rid of the dog. She answers that we got rid of it because she ruined everything. That's pretty much right. But now we have a cat, the cutest little cat, and all is well with the world.


I just looked at MyYahoo. The high in Phoenix is going to be 112 degrees. Man, that's fucking hot. It might sound crazy but I miss the heat in Phoenix. I lived in the Phoenix-Tempee-Glendale area for about nineteen years. That's a long fucking time. I've been in Sacramento for a little over three years and I do like it. But sometimes, usually on summer days like this one, I think back at all the things I miss.


I miss a hot day with a little breeze and you're hanging out on Mill Avenue, you just came from Zia records and you just scored some sweet used shit and now you're smoking a fresh new pack of cigarettes at the Coffee Plantation and reading some new underground comics and 'zines while sipping an Iced Cafe Mocha and watching all the hot girls in summer dresses walking past you.


Those were my happy days from 1995 to 2001. That's where my mind usually resides on days like these. By I don't mind the change too much. Mornings like this are wonderful, too, just me and the baby and good music filling my heart up with joy and dreams.


Being a father is fucking cool.

No comments: