NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Thursday, September 22, 2005

ISABELA IS NOW HOME (!!!!!!!!) ...


One whole week. One whole week of crying, of tears, of depression, of trying to keep a positive outlook in the face of what sometimes seemed to be endless depression. One week of not being able to be home with our baby, of not holding our baby, of not spending the night with our baby, of not knowing how she was doing, of worrying ourselves to death just hoping that she was all right. One week. A gauntlet of a week. And it ended today. At around three pm.


People of the world rejoyce. Wood knows I am. I am happy, joyous, skipping, singing, with a shit-eating grin on my face. Today is one of the happiest days ever in my life. That's because we are now a family. The Galindo family, all new and better than the last model.


That's because baby Isabela is finally home.




We are complete. I feel complete. I haven't felt this complete since I said "I do" to my wonderful wife. I'm giddy. I'm nervous. I just took a breatjing treatment, I'm so nervous here. She's here at home. She's healthy and awake and squeaking and eating and moving and looking at her brand new home with the biggest eyes you've ever seen. She's beautiful and gorgeous and breathtaking and perfect.


And me, I've never felt better. I know I might change my tune when, like my director friend Mr. Michael told "Welcome to the no sleep club," I'm waking up ten times a night, I would like to think that I've fought so much to get my baby home that I will now face each and every obstacle with a smile on my face.




The rise of the Galindo family starts today. Beware, foolish mortals. Beware.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to come see you guys just to reinforce that I do not want one.

~Marisa

Reverend Steve said...

She squeaks a lot. She's a squeaking machine. She's like a dog's squeak toy. I'm not sure if it's because of her stuffed up nose or her breathing problems or her M.A.S. sickness, but she's my little squeak toy. But my wife doesn't want me to call her that, so don't tell her I said that.

Gregorio said...

once again, congratulations...

Reverend Steve said...

Thanks, man. It's an awesome feeling to be a father. It's like I'm constantly drunk. But I'm sober. I've never been this happy.

Jenni said...

I have been reading all your blogs and can not get enough of them. In fact there are times I should be sleeping and am not. I am glad all turned out with your little one. Our daughter Katanna (now 4) had the same problem when she was born.
She was in the hospital for almost 2 months. I hope all is well for your family. Try and get sleep lol.
I know that is not possible I have 7 kids all under the age of 13 I plan to sleep when I am dead. lol
Much love
Jenni