NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Friday, November 11, 2005

Didn't get the promotion ...

... and I would be lying if I said that I wasn't relieved about it and yet at the same time I would also be lying if I said that I wasn't upset about it. I don't know how I feel. If I'm hurt at all, it's mostly because more than one manager at my store basically did everything else OTHER than straight up tell me I was going to get it. I stressed out big time over this, cried lots of tears and stayed up through many late nights over if I should go for this or not. But I was essentially goaded into agreeing to apply for the position simply because of an unspoken agreement between me and a few higher ups that basically told me that I would get it. I feel like I was used. Kinda. But I'm also relieved. I would have been great but miserable as a manager. But now I'm back to being in my happy, peaceful little cave, entertaining my kids, working for myself, being paid shit, and continuing to be the best fucking children's lead ever, the lead that does the work of a manager, the lead that does the work of two and a half lead, the lead that's basically a manager but without the pay.


Still, I think I'm going to get drunk tonight.


2 comments:

MOMX7 said...

Sorry about the job. Sucks when people mislead you. I wish I lived near you my children would love your story time. Your sounds much better then what we have here. You have a very good looking family. You are a lucky man as is your family in having such a caring father husband and provider.
Have fun getting drunk. Wish I coould but not possible only one here to watch my all my kids.
Drink one for me lol
Hope all is well witho you and yours.
Jenni

Gregorio said...

dude, your baby's eating her hand... tell her to quit it.

and bummer 'bout the promotion... *shrug* wasn't meant to be. better things are on the horizon.