NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Stairway at Saint Paul ...



Jeroen Offerman is currently my hero. He rocks so much ass that even though I am not gay, I would do him in a second. That's how much he rocks.


Jeroen is a Dutch artist whose Jehova's Witness parents raised him in a strict Christian upbringing. Growing up like myself he was taught to fear certain songs, the biggest and most evil song was "Stairway to Heaven." For those of you who were raised as God-hating pagans, the rumor was that if you listened to that song backwards (especially that whole "If there's a bustle in your hedgerow" part which never made any sense) you'd hear satanic messages. I spent basically my entire seventh and eight grade listening to records backwards as a result of this.


Jeroen grew up, spent three whole months learning how to sing "Stairway to Heaven" backwards, then set about to film it. This crazy fucking guy went to the steps of Saint Paul's Cathedral in London, sang the entire song backwards, took it home and reversed it, spliced in a kareoke background, and there you go. It's called Stairway at Saint Pauls and it's a frightening work of genius.


Here is a 30 second clip of Jeroen Offerman's "Stairway at Saint Pauls"


Someone gave me the entire six or seven minute thing on DVD. I watched it in awe a few nights ago. I have never been more excited and freaked out at the exact same time. It is amazing.

No comments: