NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Saturday, May 27, 2006

NO, NEVER, DADDY ...

... so we went to the county fair, and just to let you know you haven't lived until you've placed a bet on one of Cook's racing pigs of Galt, and while we were there I saw some worry dolls for sale and I bought them for Emerald. I had them when I was a kid and, being the only brown kid in a suburban white neighborhood, not to mention a nerdy four-eyed one, I had a hell of a lot to be worried about. I used them a lot, my worry dolls, whispering my worries to them at night and placing them under my pillow so that when I was asleep, so the legend goes, they could take away all my worries. Well, hmmmmm .... actually, come to think of it, I also used to carry around one or two mexican worry stones, too. Wow, I had a lot of issues as a child. This all probably set me up for a lifetime of paranoia and wishy-washiness as an adult. WELLLLLLL, apparently something was lost in the translation of the worry doll legend because Emerald is absolutely freaked the hell out by these things. "NO, DADDY! I NEVER WANT TO USE THEM! EVER!!!" Her eyes bug out, she gets all frightened. She is incredibly vehement about her never wanting to ever use them ever, period, end of story. I think that she thinks that while she's sleeping that these little alien demon monster things are going to literally come alive and kill for her. And I absolutely hate myself for thinking that's cute as fuck.

No comments: