NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Open House Results ...



... yesterday was open house at Emerald's school. We were all there in the "sanctuary" (= "church") listening to the principal talk IN NO AIR CONDITIONING! God, I went from eight hours putting away books to an hour and a half of no air conditioning.


There are a few problems I have with Emerald's school. One is that they don't keep up the place. There's wild grass around the perimeter of the school, certain rooms look like they're in mid-construction, and no a/c apparently. The second problem I have is the neighborhood. It's not the friendliest place in the world to have kids. Bit ghetto. Worries me a tad.


But the open house was a huge success!


When we reconvened in Emerald's classroom I overheard one of the parents say to the teacher "Well, her obvious problem is that she doesn't recognize letters." God. What a fucking dunce!


My kindergartener can sing an entire verse of the song Rock Lobster AND do the guitar parts! She can also write I Love South Park, draw her favorite characters, and then give a detailed description of her favorite episodes.


So lick my ass, you bitch parents!


When the other parents left the classroom (after only talking to the teacher 4-8 minutes TOPS) he said to me ...


"Now that the other parents are gone I can tell you that Emerald is the best kid in the class. She's basically leading the other kids."


I am so proud of my baby!


Here's audio of four year old Emerald singing "Rock Lobster!"


And here's a very strange song I made using 11 month old Isabela saying "Bababababababa" as a backbeat, plus strange samples. Strange stuff.

3 comments:

jessecoombs said...

Congratulations! I really like your posts about Emerald and Isabella because I've alwasy wondered what it would be like for someone with my age and similar interests (weird) to be a parent.

Reverend Steve said...

I'd like to think I show other twentysomethings that you can have a wife and kids and not sacrifice who you are. I hope.

Natasha said...

Yeah we have the most rockin' kid ever in the entire exsistance of humans.
Yup. Bask in the awesomeness that is our parenting skills.