NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Saturday, September 9, 2006

There Must Be Something Wrong With Me ...



... because I feel GREAT!


Yeah, I know. I was just as shocked as you!


Yesterday I had a field trip of almost 40 kids come into my section and we had snacks and we read a book and I was my super silly stand up comedy self and it was awesome. There was a character, too, and that's always rough because usually the person in the suit gets all the praise and I'm left with nothing. Like when we went and did storytime at the mall this year and it was 100 kids and me and Arthur and everyone praised Nick in the outfit and I got nothing. But that audience of kids really pumped me up. PLUS I got all the frontlist that's been piling up for over three days, I got it all done, which is IMPOSSIBLE but somehow I did it.


The next thing you know I'm happy. Don't know how it happened but it did. I feel happy. I felt happy at work. Despite the teenage chicks "freaking out" over fag Tom Cruise and his asian baby on the cover of Vanity Fair, I felt good. Wow. I felt happy at work.


How long has it been?




So we have a meeting this monday at 7am. It's going to be a meeting between the management and all the leads of departments like me.


I think it's going to take all of my strength not to tell everybody off and explode in an angry mad fit of rage and tears and swollen knuckles.


But right now I've got a spring in my step and pizzas in the freezer and a red stripe in the fridge and I found five dollars in a pile of clothes in the bathroom that I am now claiming as my own.


Lets see how long I can keep up this happiness.




By the way y'all, the majority of teachers in the United States are either fat middle age white crusty old bitches or they're high headed assholes who think that since they're a teacher that they deserve more money and they also deserve to look down on everyone else and treat them like shit.


I'm sorry. I'd love to teach were it not for how much I fucking hate teachers.


I hate them enough having to deal with their bullshit at my CURRENT job. Can you imagine how I would feel if I suddenly BECAME one of them?




That's Isabela doing her Rick Flair strut.


Her birthday's on the 15th and her birthday's on the 17th. Everybody should be there. Her first birthday will only happen once.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you hate teachers. My mom was a teacher for 25 years. She was the teacher that would go to kids houses and tutor on the weekend. I've known some great teachers and some awful ones. However, where isn't that true in work, art, life. You got some good ones and some shitty ones.

Reverend Steve said...

I agree wholeheartedly with anonymous. I found the majority of people I had to deal with in acting, stand up comedy AND journalism were shitty ones and those people turned me away from the entire field. Such is life, I suppose.

Anonymous said...

oh! you didn't mention writing. How about that. I think everyone who reads your blog agrees--your gifted. If Dan Brown (and that book was not well written, in my opinion) can have a bestseller--I cannot imagine why you couldn't.

Reverend Steve said...

I love writing. In fact, I'm about 100 pages into an Ed WOod bible and about 40 pages into a sci-fi comedy. But what with the kids (and my OCD) it's really tough for me to be able to sit down and get something written, you know?