NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Monday, October 23, 2006

Various Random Whatnots ...

... there's a line in the Ray Parker Jr. song "Ghostbusters" where he says "Bustin' makes me feel good!" That line has always sounded vaguely creepy to me. Cre-e-e-e-e-epy!


Hey, listen buddy. I think we all have busted ourselves at least once. Some of us bust two to four times a day, to tell you the truth. But you don't see US writing a movie theme song about it, you little eighties pervert. I know I'm only thinking about this only because of the Halloween music, but seriously look at him. His moustach totally screams get in my van, little boys.


I know I could be sued for that. Yeah, right, just like HE got sued for ripping off the Huey Lewis song "I Want A New Drug." From Wikipedia:


"Parker was accused of plagiarising the melody from Huey Lewis & the News song "I Want A New Drug" for his 1984 #1 hit theme to Ghostbusters, released only six months after Lewis' hit reached #6 in the Billboard Hot 100.

The producers of Ghostbusters had approached Lewis to use his song in the film, but their request was turned down, which led them to ask Parker to write a song similar to "I Want A New Drug" as the theme. This ended with Lewis suing Parker, and the pair settled out of court in 1995.

They returned to court once again in 2001, the tables turned this time as Parker now sued Lewis for breaching a confidentiality agreement forming part of their original out of court settlement which prohibited either side from speaking about it publicly. Lewis had revealed in a VH1 Behind The Music special that Parker had paid a financial settlement as part of the original agreement."


Awesome! Hacks are plagiarising other hacks.




I'm reading a book that I really like and I'm intensely getting into. Everybody should go to their nearest Borders and ask them for it right now because this is a tense page turner extreme!


It's called Too Many Hot Dogs! and it's written by international bestseller Dave Webster. It's described as a taunt and gripping espionage thriller set in the seedy backdrop of competitive eating. It's sex, murder, betrayal, death, violence, double crosses, betrayals and, of coruse, lots and lots og hot dogs.


The tagline in the back of the book reads ...


"Kobayaski likes to eat hot dogs. But how many hot dogs ...
... are TOO MANY hot dogs?"


The back of the book, which is decorated with a comforting picture of a pigeon eating a hot dog, has a stamp on it that says its approved by the Hot Dog Makes Association of America (HDAA). I'm on page 100 and despite a boring false start and some poor characterization it's really shaped up to be a really good book.


Wired magazine says on the cover that it is "A brilliant conjuring act by one of the master hot dog makers of our time." That's some hefty praise. Seriously, everyone should go out now and try to find it.


Actually, it's a damaged copy of The Prestige that I had to strip. But, with some paper and glue and scotch tape, VOILA! A gripping hot dog page turner! Yeah. Fake book covers rock ass!


From the makers of Snakes on a Plane, it's
CATS ON A TREADMILL!




That's about it for me. I'm tired, wired, horny and hungry. Plus my arms and shoulders and screaming in pain and I'm having breathing problems. Yeah. I'm a real winner, huh?


So here's some free music for you and your punk ass ...


Isabela Galindo laughing

Elliot Smith: Brick
This song reminds me of my relationship with Debby back in Phoenix. We loved each other so much that we did nothing at all but be with each other. We just hung out with each other, drank, smoked, got high, fucked and went to bed. We loved each other but we weren't moving. We weren't going anywhere or doing anything with our lives. I understand that line in the song "She's a brick and I'm drowning slowly." That was basically 1999-2001 for me, followed by a year and a half of heavy drinking. Beautiful song, though.

50 Cent: London London

Beck: Think I'm In Love

Irn Mnky: Johnny Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Irn Mnky: Just a Rascal On the Rocks (with no ice)

Public Enemy: By The Time I Get to Arizona
Arizona is correctly painted by Chuck D in this song as being a hot racist hellhole. I was one of the few people rocking this song back in Arizona and I still do now. I especially like the end which paints a fictional assassination of then-governor Meecham who was eventually impeeched for being a racist bastard. Awesome song.

Public Enemy: Give It Up


Let's see if I have another Halloween music list tomorrow! See ya. Death to Sema's.

3 comments:

Mia said...

Hi Steve. I need a house sitter for a week--interested? Paying and everything. let me know if you are interested.

Reverend Steve said...

What does it involve?
And where? My car is horrible.

Mia said...

well it would involving driving to hell and gone (west sac). So bad plan BUT I am very concerned about your car What is wrong with your car--specifically. I can get someone to diagnose and maybe find someone who can fix cheap.