NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

A Brave New Thanksgiving ...

This will be the first thanksgiving ever that I wont spent with my mother and father and brother.


Where to begin ...


I didn't get the days off I needed for work, the days that I have ALWAYS gotten off in the six + years I've been working with the company. I was hired under the strict guidelines that I would ALWAYS get Woodmas off (October 10th, which Greg made me work once) and I would always get mondays and thursdays off (which changed to mondays and fridays when they moved Smackdown) and I would ALWAYS get the day before and after Thanksgiving off. I always get those days off and why I suddenly have to work this friday I don't fuckin' know.


But I guess it doesn't really matter anyway because my parents promised me they'd buy us plane tickets to go down to Arizona for Thanksgiving. They promised us they'd buy them so that we could spend Thanksgiving with my family. A long time ago we made a promise that we would ALWAYS spend Thanksgiving together. But my parents never bothered to buy the tickets for us, so I guess we're not going. It upset me a bit because last year Joe couldn't get off work at the bar so they came up here to Sacramento and spent Thanksgiving here with us. Now I can't get off of work and they're just calling me at work and half-heartedly apologizing for not seeing me this Thanksgiving, just like they said they'd come and see us for Isabela's birthday, which they didn't.


So, so summarize, for the first time in 29 years I will NOT be spending Thanksgiving with my family. The first time in 29 damn years. That's a long ass time.


Well thank Wood that I have my OWN kick ass family!




Happy X-Giving everybody. Imma buy me some Ritz crackers and some squeeze cheese and some beers. Hell yeah!


1 comment:

Marisa said...

If you want to get technical, you only didn't get one of the days you requested, and you still got 3 in a row, which isn't bad.