NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Saturday, March 3, 2007

Mr. Steve, The Television Star ...

Inspired in part by my good friend Ian's recent livejournal post, I would like to mention that sometime in 2003 Ian and I had small parts in a taping of a syndicated late night horror movie television show called Cinema Insomnia, hosted by my old friend and sometimes collaborator Mr. Lobo. The film that night was Roger Corman's "A Bucket of Blood" which I saw for the first time in ninth grade and still to this day remains one of my all time favorite films. Ian and I had a small scene together. We played dirty beatnik customers and, no offense to Ian, I actually needed a "costume" to play the part. I kid, Ian, because I love. It was a really hideous taping because of how much I hate turtlenecks. I hate turtlenecks. I seriously hate turtlenecks. They are torture, plain and simple, and if you ever see me wearing one ever again then you more than likely only have a few seconds left to live. The video of our small scene together is right here. It's short but cute.


I also appeared in another episode, this time as myself. The movie that Mr. Lobo was showing this time was the real worst movie of all time, Star Crash. This film is without a doubt the worst movie of all time, not Ed Wood's Plan 9 from Outer Space, so Lobo had me do an cameo as myself, appearing as a shoddy hologram wearing football equipment that was posing as a ghetto spaceman outfit. The scene was cool but the small quality of these online clips mean you can hardly see me. But its still good. We took three takes and apparently he didn't like my manic delivery on the part. I was really overacting but I thought that was what he wanted, you know? On the third take he told me to "calm down" and "do it serious" and of course that's what they went with. Duh. I'm at the end of this clip and the beginning of this clip.


The last clip is the best because I told Mr. Lobo that he should say the title of the film using "jazz hands" because everything is better when you say it using jazz hands. And he did it. And after he does the jazz hands there's a millisecond clip of me doing jazz hands. And that's awesome.




Here's some music. No real reason. I'm just lonely and depressed and I want some lonely and depressed music, so here you go ...


Rhett Miller: Come Around

The Decendents: Sad State of Affairs

Townes Van Zandt: Waitin' Round to Die

Dave Matthews Band: Busted Stuff

Ben Kweller: On My Way

6 comments:

Gwen said...

Hey, I'm lonely and depressed too. I've been sick for a week now and had the kids go to grandma's since I am stuck in bed.

I hate being home alone at night when I feel like this.

Reverend Steve said...

I hear ya. I'm alone taking care of the kids and they are a HANDFUL and a half. Just screaming. That's all she does. PLUS we had a HUGE storytime and I'm just exhausted, but I'm still cleaning the house.

Sucks, huh?

gwen said...

Yeah, especially the feeling alone part. You guys were great last week in bringing me stuff twice, but I can't expect to be babysat.

Reverend Steve said...

No problem, Gwen. We really love you and your family. Its been too long since we've hung out and played video games and drank heavily. We should do that soon.

Can you believe it, starting tomorrow I'll be working SIX DAYS a WEEK?

gwen said...

Six days?! Why?

And you know I love you guys too. Once we're all over our respective illnesses we need to have a night-o-carousing.

Reverend Steve said...

Long story. Too tired. Tell ya later.