NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Friday, May 4, 2007

Mr. Steve's "Broken" Vacation ...


... what I had originally called my accidental vacation I am now calling my "broken" vacation. I had originally planned to have from April 30th to May 8th off. But I had to go in last tuesday to train cute little Tiffany and do a huge storytime and redo all the endcaps. And today I had to return to work yet again for a field trip for some local speds.


I swear to Wood they're going to find some reason for me to come in on sunday or monday or I don't know what but this vacation is shattered with shards of working.




So, what to talk about?


I recently found my old Game Boy color that I probably stole from Game Crazy sometime around 1998 and I brought it back to life with the use of cheap Ikea batteries. I've been realing in the sheer delight of backlight-less, graphics-hindered gaming. Games like Super Mario Land and WWF Superstars are so simple that they're complicated, if that makes any sense, and I've been having lots of fun.


I also found my Pokemon Red, which I bought in 1998 and quickly discarded. I then got back into it in 1999 and, in pure Galindo fashion, once again quickly discarded it. Now it's 2007 and I'm continuing the game from '99 with pokemon nicknamed Debby (old girlfriend), Spunky (old girlfriend's ferret), Goldberg and N.W.O.


It's strange to think that one of my old girlfriends is now my strongest pokemon.




On saturday night I made a list of ten things for me to do during my "broken" vacation. The ten things are as follows and in no particular order:


-write new lesson of wood

-burn cd

-sleep in

-sex in the shower

-go to the movies

-take kid/kids to park

-go out for breakfast

-play City of Heroes/City of Villains

-sexy kitchen dance part-at

-go to sonic


And I am proud to say that as of right now I have completed six of the ten things on my broken vacation list ...




First off, burn cd. I made an awesome cd of mashups a few days ago.

Secondly, sleep in. Awesome. Thanks Natasha. I wish I could be allowed to sleep in more often and not just every other month but that just makes me cerish my days off all the more.

Thirdly, sex in the shower. Thank GAWD! I have such an incredibly HIGH sex drive and my wife is still wrestling with pregnancy depression and hormones and all that, so her sex drive is nowhere NEAR my EPIC leven of need. But she's been working out a lot lately which has kicked her drive into drive, so I couldn't be happier.

Fourthly, take kid/kids to park. After dropping Em at school yesterday my wife and I drove around and accidentally stumbled onto an awesome empty park in the middle of a ghetto neighborhood that frighteningly had a miltitude of car bumpers littering the sidewalks. We had a blast and Bela finally slid down a slide on her ownsome. Really amazing.

Fifthly, go out for breakfast. This is a controversial one. We had planned on going to breakfast this morning and THEN doing the sped field trip, whenever that was. But the community relations manager finally informed me, after some major arm twisting on my part, that the field trip was at 9:30 am and, since Em needs to be at school at 8:30, that made breakfast before work impossible. So we had breakfast after work. At 11 in the afternoon. We justified it by saying that even though it wasn't breakfast anymore and we weren't eating breakfast food it was STILL breakfast.

Finally, Sonic. Me and the fam did that on day one with Marisa and company. The tastiest food in the universe, food so damn good that the multitude of clueless crackers walking into the kitchen area who were oblivious to the fact that it's outside seating somehow did nothing to bum my high.




We should bump off two more things on my list tomorrow, which just so happens to be my anniversary. Yup. Tomorrow it will be our two year wedding anniversary and it will also be four years that we've been together as a couple. We'll be completely kidless tomorrow night so we're going to go out to eat at a nice italian resturaunt, maybe have a few drinks, and we already have our tickets for the 8:15 pm showing of Spider-Man 3. Then it's home for us so that we can have a few drinks more, have a sexy dance part-ay, and fuck like sweaty violent hairless monkeys.


I'm honestly a bit nervous about tomorrow night.


This is going to seem pathetic, especially for a man who runs his own religion based primarily in B-movies, but I haven't seen a movie in a theater since Borat and that was weeks AFTER the theaters were packed. It was a relatively empty theater and it was relaxed and casual and we had fun. Before that the last film I saw in a theater was Snakes on a Plane and before THAT the last movie was fuckin' ARISTOCRATS with fuckin' JESSE! That was hella long ago, to use the parlance of my state.


I'm just worried that I am in no way the person I was four years ago who would go see a movie at 12:01am and wait hours in line and sit in a dark packed movie theater witha whole bunch of asshole cell phone douchebags watching some 2 1/2 hour movie. I'm married with kids. My capacity for entertainment has de-evolved into small bursts of Dora and Spongebob with crying children. I don't have the time and money and patience and free time that I used to be able to devote to going to see movies. I'm just worried that seeing Spider-Man 3 on opening weekend is too drastic of a jump for someone as movie-declined as I am.




And I'm already readying myself to a lot of Parker inner turmoil and NOT a lot of Venom. But how awesome would it be if they made a Spider-Man 4 and it had the sinister six? THAT would be the ultimate movie. Venom, Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Sandman, Mysterio, and either The Lizard or Shocker but without the fag costume.


Anyway, horray for me and my wife. We're awesome. I've got to go make dinner for the kids now, so I'll see you later.


Wind clan out.

1 comment:

jessecoombs said...

Well, at least Marisa and I are appearing in the same post.

Just saw Spider-Man 3. What happened?