NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Monday, July 16, 2007

Nonstop, Flat Out Burn ...



... I've had quite a week. I had almost 100 people show up for my biggest storytime ever, I finished all my plans for our store's big Midnight Magic Party (which I completely designed myself), I had two more very big and exhausting storytimes, I had a very loud and very successful Harry Potter club meeting (which usually takes me all day to set up), I had two storytime assemblies in front of over 500 kids at Howe Avenue Elementary School and got filmed for Channel 10 News, and I've busted my ass at work, working six days a week running around doing the job of two or three employees all by myself, the sweat literally dripping down my neck and forehead as I lift and run and shelve and answer phones and chase away bums and get yelled at by angry yuppies who want to know where that new Harry Potter book is at.


Now it's just a few days away from our big Harry Potter party and I'm in screaming pain. Literally.


Apparently I sprained my neck somewhere during all the ass kicking I've been doing. It hurts like hell. It hurts so much that I am for the first time in my life entering the Vicodin train. That's how much I'm in pain with every step. I'm having a hard time moving my neck from side to side without a sharp stabbing pain kicking my ass and making me want to scream. I'm not the type of guy who usually gets injured physically. My injuries are usually mentally and emotionally, not physically. I'm having a hard time standing up. And walking. And sitting down. And pretty much doing anything. It's forcing me to slow down, which is something I don't usually do. I move fast, work fast, talk fast, type fast. Now my neck is screaming at me to take it easy but the rest of me is telling my neck to shut its damn face up.




But there's no rest for the wicked and there's no rest for the Reverend. I have two days off. These two days are being spent resting and taking pills and using a heating pad and taking naps and trying to get this neck feeling better because after today it's going to be a hardcore balls out nonstop flat out burn through the week, sweating like crazy and tearing my neck a new one and busting my ass trying to get this whole store ready for friday night, when my dream Harry Potter party is going to entertain about a thousand customers whether we're ready or not.


Hopefully I'll survive this week at work without screaming or bloodying my knuckles or crying.


Hopefully.

No comments: