NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Friday, August 17, 2007

Turning Pro ...



... starting September 1st I will be a contracted children's entertainer with the Elk Grove area California Family Fitness. I will be doing 45 minute storytimes for them starting around October. I will be contracted for 12 storytimes a year and I'll be getting 30-60 kids and their families coming down to see me. In exchange for my services, my family will be getting an exclusive platinum membership to all the Family Fitness locations throughout Sacramento. My wife is supremely excited about this and is already trying to find some good workout clothes to wear.


The people at the fitness place say that they usually they get entertainers who also rent themselves for parties and birthdays and whatnot but that they've been hearing so many people talk about me that they decided to snap me up before someone else did. And they also said that if I'm interested with getting into that side of the business and doing birthdays and parties that they can help me get my foot in the door. This is a big opportunity for me to get my name and face out there and make maybe a little money on the side. So I'm going to expand my current storytime merchandise site and trying to maybe get some birthday company started with my wife doing all the details and me doing all the entertainment.


I'm taking my first steps into a much larger world. I think I'm going pro. This is me going pro. What do you think about that?

4 comments:

johnmc. said...

Kick ass! I'm formulating a plan involving the fair next week - possibly Thursday. You guys in? I'm buying.

jessecoombs said...

I think this would be a VERY good thing for you. If you can turn this into a career, well then that would be awesome.

Dave or Dana said...

You're taking something creative that you love and finding a way to get paid for it. Savior would be proud. I'm proud (and I don't even know you!)

Good luck!

Reverend Steve said...

I;ve been suffering for a long time without money but I've always justified it by saying that if you're doing something you love then eventually things will even out. This is some sort of big ball and it just moved an inch. Eventually it might star rolling but for now I'm happy its moved at all.

Thanks everybody for your support. That's awesome.