NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Monday, December 3, 2007

My Only Semi-Pathetic Return To The Gym ...

... so I got a free year long gym membership for me and my kids (including Deinna) and for a while there we were going four to six times a week EVERY week. That's a lot of working out for a skinny brown man like me and I probably overdid it, hence the fractured ribs and massive chest damage of a month and a half ago. So suddenly we went from four to six times a week to no times a week and that stunk. My body used to feel better. Now my entire body is always sore and I'm having a ton of nosebleeds and now my personal life is in the crapper and it somehow represents the way my body's been feeling.


Yesterday we went back, the first time in a long time. We had wanted to go back to our gym before I do my big storytime there tomorrow. So we went. I stretched more than my usual none. I had my workout playlist going on my iPod. I was totally ready to get my gym back on. But my body wouldn't let me overdue it. I barely worked out and my whole body was sweating like a pig. My legs were wobbly the whole day and I just covered it up and tried to pretend like I wasn't in pain. I was ashamed of myself and ashamed of my body. I used to be a contender. Now my body sucks.


We went back tonight. I got better, only a little bit. Slow going for me but I swear to god I'm going to get my goddamn life back!

No comments: