NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Monday, April 21, 2008

Why My Wife Is Fucking Insaine ...



Inventory was last night-slash-this morning. I worked from 7pm to 3:30 in the morning. It was a non-stop, flat out burn through every book in the store. It's rough shit. I had four cups of coffee and a 24 oz. Rockstar and three cigarettes just to get me through the night. It was pretty brutal, especially since I have young ones and usually fall asleep around 9 or 10 am, but all in all I guess it went well.


Here's the thing, though. Pay attention here. It's past 5am as I write this. And i'm still awake. Wide fucking awake. See, I told my wife NOT to stay up and wait for me to get home. I told her that over and over again, repeatedly! I told her that SHE would have to be the one to wake up early with the kids and wake up in the morning and get Emerald ready for school. I TOLD HER not to stay up and wait for me. I would more than likely be getting home around four am. I told her NOT to wait up for me!


Of course she waited up for me.


But see, here's the thing ... she stayed up so late waiting for me that she knew that when she finally went to sleep that there would be NO WAY she would wake up at 6am with the kids. There was going to be no way that she would be able to wake up with the kids. There's be no way.


I got home at 3:50am. And now somehow I'm STAYING UP until 8am so that I can get Emerald ready for school. Me, the man who is EXHAUSTED all to HELL from a hellacious inventory is now somehow STAYING UP to take care of the kids!


Now when I think about it I think that I could probably be really pissed off about this situation. But I'm not. I see it as a CHALLENGE, a very strange and suicidal sort of challenge that should not be attempted by anyone of sound mind EVER.


I'm so fucking tired. Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it!

1 comment:

Mrs. Galindo said...

I'm sorry. I should have stayed up those extra four hours to get the kids taken care of.
Forgive me for missing you and wanting to stay up to spend those small moments with you.
I'm sorry.
I love you.