NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Monday, May 19, 2008

Sorry, Jesse, But It Was AWESOME ...

The way it looks like now is that my wife has a job that requires her to travel around a lot. That means that I'm going to be the person staying home and taking care of the kids and the house. I need to stop getting depressed and suicidal and just get used to that. But that also means that I really want to spend more time with my wife in the small amount of time that I get with her. For example, she left last tuesday, she came back last friday, and now she leaves tonight until this friday again. So when she's here for the small amount of time she's here I want to be able to spend time with her and go places with her.


That's how I ended up dressing up and going to church with the kids so that afterwards we could go to Dixon and the Northern California Pinball Convention. This is me looking all dressed up for Jebus. Note the tie. I'm suddenly all about looking my age. I'm not some young angry guy anymore. I'm 31 years old. I'm in my thirties now, for Wood's sake. I need to start LOOKING thirty-one. Hence the belt I now try to always wear (older people ALWAYS wear belts) and the tie, the first tie I've ever bought. It's a black tie with a remote control design on it and it was only a dollar at Target. I get a ton of compliments about it ...




This is a picture of the girls playing pinball. Bela couldn't reach, spo Natasha and I took turns trading her off ...




This is a blurry picture of an old school Beatles pinball machine ...




it cost $5 to get in, then all the games were free. Since we arrived late on the last day, most of the booths were taken down and a LOT of pinball machines were already taken down. There were probably about 70% of the games there were on the other two days we didn't go, but we still had fun. The problem was, the games were free and so the GOOD games (Addams Family, Indiana Jones, Simpsons, South Park, Pirates of the Caribbean) were always taken.


And since it was free play, it was (hypothetically) possible for an ignorant little ghetto wetback preteen douchebag from Dixon to go play an eight player game of South Park pinball all by himself for like a HALF HOUR because he was an asshole who I should have beaten the spick out of. And it was also (hypothetically) possible for a balding yuppie white bread clueless dad to leave his poor little eight year old kid all alone in front of the ONE GAME that I wanted to play and let that pathetic little kid play that one damn game all by himself over and over and over and over again for a whole fucking HOUR while his dad has a midlife crisis while playing the Elvira pinball game that he used to play back when he was single and happy and childless.


This is all hypothetically, of course.


I did get a few good games in. I got one play of Addams Family, a few games of Simpsons, and a few other strange and awesome ones ...







I was into the games from the 70s on, the ones with ramps and lights. My wife and the girls, though, spent most of their time in a side room that had a collection of games from the 50s and 60s. I liked these games fine. There was one thing I wasn't used to about all of them: heavy, small flippers ...




Right before we left (it was in an old high school gym and there was NO A/C and it was 103 degrees, so we were dripping sweat) Deinna beat Emerald in a baseball game where one pitches the pinball and the other swings the flipper bat. I loved it when I was her age and back in the day if you did really good it would spit out baseball trading cards. Well, I challenged Dee and used my experience to wipe the FLOOR with her with only a SLIGHT pinch of shame for kicking a nine-year-old girl's ass ...







Sorry Jes.


But you can totally come with with us when I convince my wife to go to our NEXT two big adventures ...


The 2008 Pacific Pinball Expo


Playland (I am DROOLING about this place)


Can't wait. Here's some music for your punk ass ...


Barenaked Ladies: Bad Day (from their AWESOME new kids cd)

Jim's big Ego: Mix Tape

The Hives: Puppet On A String

Schoolhouse rock: Naughty Number Nine

Eels: My Descent Into Madness

Andrew Jackson Jihad: Candle In The Wind (Ben's Song)

Ween: Slow Down Boy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The being "31" comments reminds me a lot the new Aimee Mann song...don't know if you've heard of her or not, but you might dig the track at least. http://stereogum.com/archives/mp3/new-aimee-mann-thirty-one-today_008697.html