NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Screaming Isabela Blues...

I'm letting my wife sleep today. It's the least I can do since she's been taking care of me for the past week and a half with this leg infection. That means I have to take care of little crazy screaming hellball Isabela and Brittany, Em's old friend who we take care of when she's "off track." So I have a lot on my plate today.


Isabela is turning out to be a real problem. She's going to be three next month. She can talk almost perfectly and she's essentially potty trained. But she has this huge temper and if she doesn't get her way she just explodes. Screaming, crying, kicking, hitting. She goes nuts. Super baby freak out. And she's been doing this A LOT!


Bob Dylan: The Man In Me

Kenny Rogers and the First Addition: Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)


I've been really into The Big Lebowski ever since it came out. Unlike people who discovered it on video or dvd, I saw it the DAY it came out! I saw it with my girlfriend at the time Sarah Snow and her mother and father. It was a pretty bad group of people to see it with. Sarah's mom was offended, Sarah's dad was incoherent, and Sarah was just a bitch. But I fell in love with that movie. I saw it about seven times in the theater, then bought the vhs and began memorizing and quoting it everywhere I went.


Now, almost ten years later, the movie has become a cult phenomenon. I just read a HUGE article in the new Rolling Stone about the film and its sudden rise in popularity. Great article.


It's funny. I've seen the movie a million times but I've never taken the time to try and get a message from it. The Dude Abides. Isabela's screaming, the kids are being whiny, and I'm doing good in staying calm.


The Dude Abides. That's what I'm trying to be today.


Well, I go back to work tomorrow. I hope I can handle it. I've been couchridden for over a week. PLUS the doctor doubled my dose of the happy pills so that I don't hurt myself anymore. Now for me to just jump back into the heavy work, I'm a bit frightened. I'm not sure I have it in me anymore. Thankfully the doctor's note saying i need to have a 15 minute break EVERY TWO HOURS will help me take it easy. I just hope I don't have a burnout. Again?


Anyway, wish me luck. Keep me in your thoughts tomorrow.

1 comment:

gwen said...

You do realize the secret to well behaved children is NyQuil, right?