NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Friday, August 1, 2008

Steve's 10th Prom ...



During my sophomore, junior and senior years of high school AND my freshman year of college I went to a grand total of nine proms. NINE! In the realm of single Catholic high school girls I was a safe bet in the way of a prom date that you didn't have to worry about. And my O.C.D. always went nucking futs at the fact that I went an odd numbered amount of times. It's been roughly twelve years since I've been to a prom and yet that number nine always bothered me.


Tonight at 12:01am the release of the last Stephenie Meyer teen vampire book. It's being hailed as the new Harry Potter book sensation and I think that's correct. Remember that's coming from the manager of the childrens and teen sections of a bookstore. i can't tell numbers but we've been selling boatloads of these titles. And tonight we're staying up past midnight Potter-style. Our store is having a gala prom to celebrate. It was my idea. We're having prom pictures, corsage-making, costume contests, trivia, music, dancing, and a tv playing old B-movie previews.


The music will be coming from my iPod. We're hooking it up to the store's stereo system. Honestly, that's the part I'm the most excited about. I mean, I believe you all know how much I take my iPod seriously. I update it daily and listen to it so much that I listen to an average of roughly 50 or 60 songs daily. And now to have my iPod hooked up to the entire store makes me very excited. It makes up for never having it played in receiving.


Here's a few songs from my hipster vampire prom playlist for your punk ass. Hope you enjoy ...


Beck: Go It Alone

Prince: Kiss

A Flock Of Seagulls: I Ran (So Far Away)

Madness: One Step Beyond

Wham: Wake Me Up Before You Go Go

Goldfinger: 99 Red Balloons

Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog

Soundgarden: Black Hole Sun

The Groovie Ghoulies: Haunted Mansion

Billy Idol: Dancing With Myself

No comments: