NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Now It's A DOUBLE FEATURE ...



Yoinked from the wiki:


Destroy All Monsters, released in Japan as Kaijū Sōshingeki (怪獣総進撃, Kaijū Sōshingeki? lit. "All-Out Charge of the Monsters" or "Charge of the Monsters"), is a 1968 daikaiju eiga (Monster Movie). The ninth in Toho Studios' Godzilla series, it was directed by Ishiro Honda with special effects by Eiji Tsuburaya and Sadamasa Arikawa. While the plot resembles that of Invasion of Astro-Monster (1965), this entry is significant in that it showcases 11 daikaiju, a record for the Godzilla series until Godzilla: Final Wars (2004). Several of these (Gorosaurus, Baragon, Manda, Varan) had only appeared in their debut films at this point; others (Anguirus, Rodan, Mothra, King Ghidorah, Minilla, Kumonga) returned from previous Godzilla films.


This film takes place at "The close of the 20th Century" (1999 in the subsequent English-dubbed versions, so it is considered the last movie of the Showa Series).




On sundays I see the girls off to church, get my pRon on, and then when I'm done I put on some stupid movie that I usually don't get to see with the girls around. Today I watched "Godzilla vs Mecha-Godzilla" and I absolutely LOVED IT! I think that this is the reason for the sudden green guy marathon. Anyway, I loved the movie so much that when the girls came back from church I watched it again with them, only this time we all MST3K-ed it and had a blast.


Now it's movie two, "Destroy All Monsters," and I'm starting to lose the kids. Em's watching it just a little bit and Bela's watching it here and there But Deinna is TOTALLY INTO IT and I couldn't be more proud.


I think that with my training Deinna could grow up to be pretty damn cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been a fan of Godzilla since I was a kid and Destroy All Monsters was my favorite of them all. If you haven't seen Final Wars yet, you really need to. It's a great Godzilla flick.

The Bunster