NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Stunned By The Silence ...

My three year old daughter Isabela took this picture all by herself a few days ago while she was watching old Pokemon video tapes ...




Pretty incredible. It really gives you a rather shocking size perspective, doesn't it? To think how she sees the world. It's stunning to think about.


My oldest daughter is at church camp this week. I guess i should be against that since I'm known worldwide for my rebellious religious beliefs ...




... but I was catholic for twenty years and I always loved going to retreats and spending time in the woods listening to that sort of perfect silence you can only get in the woods. Going away like that always make me feel better. So what the hell. Go, Emerald. Have fun. Tell the trees I say what's up.

She went last year and that almost made us NOT send her this year. See, although she had fun it ended up being a really bad experience for all of us. Last year Emerald came back with a HUGE attitude. Suddenly she went from being six to being sixteen and all in the space of a week. Suddenly she wasn't talking to us and getting moody and shutting herself in her room listening to music.

We blame it on the counselor that went with her. Last year they went to camp with the college age blond punk chick with the piercings and the nice ass. So there you go. What do you think Emerald got the idea to be emo from, huh? From Jesus? I don't think so. This year they're going with Natasha's dad and the chunky background vocal chick from church who is apparently strict as hell. So here's to hoping that she comes back whipped into shape. Hopefully she comes back being herself for once.

But Emerald used to wake up with me in the mornings. For a younger child I was always impressed that she was able to go to sleep at 10pm and still wake up at 6 or 7 am every morning. But the mornings feel so much better when Emerald's around. She's almost eight and she's falling in love with me. She clings to me, loves me, kisses me, holds on to me. She looks up to me. She wants to pick out my tie in the morning and put my shoes on. She makes my mornings happier. Without her its just silence. Natasha, well, NOTHING wakes her up. She's a rock sleeping. And little Isabela is starting to be just like her! her sleeping pattern is getting ALL fucked up, going to sleep at midnight and waking up around 10 or 11 in the afternoon.

So without my Emerald my mornings are filled with sad, lonely, stunned silence.



Guess I have to get ready to go to work now.

Sigh.

2 comments:

Reverend Steve said...

Possible Church-less MOTW:

WE ARE THE CHILDREN
http://www.snagfilms.com/films/title/we_are_the_children/

COCKFIGHT
http://www.snagfilms.com/films/title/cockfight/

LIFE AFTER TOMORROW
http://www.snagfilms.com/films/title/life_after_tomorrow/

WORLD'S BEST PROM
http://www.snagfilms.com/films/title/the_worlds_best_prom/

Reverend Steve said...

SHE DEMONS:
http://tesla.liketelevision.com/liketelevision/tuner.php?channel=138&format=movie&theme=guide