NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Comcast Is Stalking Me ...



A few days ago I wrote a rather angry post voicing my frustrations with Comcast cable for telling us it would take a day to set us up with internet, then saying two to three days, then saying 7 to 14 days.


Well apparently some uppity ups with the Comcast corporation read my blog and did some investigation. After discovering that our street has never been wired for Comcast ever, the uppity up blog readers at Comcast are making sure that we are getting our internet service expedited.


This is both totally sweet and creepy as hell.


The sweet part comes from the fact that, well, my blog works, you know? I wrote something in anger and the right people noticed. My blog wanted answers and it got answers. It's every blogger's dream. And I suppose kudos to Comcast for helping me out when I needed it.


But on the other hand, it's also pretty creepy, right? I write something on my blog against Comcast and suddenly the Comcast police are there to give me great customer service. I mean, does Comcast have some sort of room with a hundred people whose sole job it is to scour the internet looking for angry remarks towards their company? I expect that from the Nazis who run Disney but not some random cable company.


And also, I'm a little bit worried about privacy issues. I mean, does C.E.O. William Q. Comcastenberg now know how often my wife and I have sex? Will the guys who come on the 3rd to drill tunnels into the ground in front of my house know I struggle with wanting to slit my wrists? Will the customer service rep on the phone know about the robbery I was in?


Comcast may be pretty awesome. And they officially scare me.


Anyway, hopefully I'll get my internet soon

2 comments:

ComcastCares1 said...

I am sorry I did not mean to scare you. As part of our initiatives to improve the way we serve our customers, we decided to reach out to our customer on blogs and other social media sites.

No, I am not a psychic - hahahah! Google alerted me that you mentioned Comcast on your blog and that's how I found you. You can read more about our efforts by Googling my name or Comcastcares.

Feel free to contact me if you need further assistance. I am here to help so don’t be scared! 

Best regards,

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

jessecoombs said...

Wow, that's actually some good customer service, Steve.

I've used google alerts for the same thing as a cinema employee to answer questions the people have on their blogs or forums about my theatre.