NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Family Reactions ...

When my wife and I found out that we were pregnant and intended on keeping the baby we decided to wait to make sure that we didn't fall victim to another miscarriage. But I think one of the real reasons that we sat on the news was that we both didn't want to have to tell anybody. We didn't know how people were going to take it, so we both froze up when it came to telling people, especially our parents.


My wife was fairly certain that her family would take it well. In fact, we actually thought that upon hearing the news of our expected arrival that they would throw away their small town living in Nowhere, Oklahoma and come back to live in the empty house next to us that they used to live in. We figured they'd throw everything away and be with us again.


I didn't want to tell my parents at all. I was afraid they would get angry at us, at me. I thought they would get angry, argue with me, and I could almost hear my mom crying and saying that we couldn't afford a child and that we were stupid to have another one.


We were both wrong.


In fact, it was the other way around.




Natasha's parents didn't really seem to care. Her mom just got depressed and bitter and her dad didn't really seem to care too much. Her two brothers were either careless or jealous. In fact, one of her brothers and his wife are constantly taunting my wife over the phone and on facebook that we won't have a boy because THEY are going to have the first boy, not US. They're rubbing it in our faces, taunting us in a very rude way. That mixed with everyone else's reaction has left us feeling very sour towards their overall reaction.


MY parents, however, cried tears of joy. "I'm walking on air!" my father kept saying. And now they're looking for places to live near us so that they can retire near us and the new baby.


Our parents reactions were reversed.


So suck it, Burkitts!

1 comment:

Varsenik said...

Steve, this is amazing. Congratulations! Can't wait to read all about the new little one :)