NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Chinese Connection ...



So this is what happened ...


I was on the Business 80 driving to a school for a special two hour story time as the highlight of their "literacy night." I was getting paid handsomely for it, too, I might add. I was trying to lecture Isabela about how, since she would be going with me to this special event, she should be on her best behavior and sit quietly and not try and bother me and tackle me and try and fight for my undivided attention while I was on stage trying to entertain everybody else.


That's when she said this:


"Dad, there aren't going to be any CHINESE PEOPLE there, are they? Because I HATE Chinese people!"


I was stunned. I never thought that ANY of my kids would ever end up being racist. Besides, I thought that being a minority herself would make her immune to thoughts of racism.


So I asked her "Isabela, why did you say that? Why do you hate Chinese people?"


That's when she said this:


"Sometimes they try to talk to me and I just CAN'T understand what they're saying!"


And that's when I thought, well, that's a damn good reason to hate Chinese people!




But we've been working on her feelings towards the Chinese.


Hopefully sometime soon she will not hate all the Chinese people.

No comments: