NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Post #1,669: House Cleaning Finds ...

So we are cleaning house today.


I mean, we kinda sorta HAVE TO! My wife is at freaking week 28 of this pregnancy today! We do NOT have a lot of time left before Maxwell Edward Galindo starts kicking ass and taking names, so we need this house SPOTLESS before he gets here!


Also, on an interesting side note, my mother-in-law is going to fly down from Nowhere, Oklahoma in a few weeks to live with us until this baby is born and, if I know her, refuse to leave. So my wife wants the place looking good for her arrival. Personally, I say if she lives in my house then her job is to clean my mess, but that's not the most popular idea I've ever had.


And I have found some seriously AMAZING stuff in this house so far. It's always great to clean and find stuff you forgot you own. It's like a little ghetto Christmas miracle, you know?


Anyway, here are some of the CHOICE things I found just now ...





... my official "Running With Scissors" movie promotional headband, perfect for looking like a Tannenbaum while cleaning house ...





... my freaking season 3 of Animaniacs ...





... a sweet polaroid (!!!) of baby Isabela sleeping with our dog Johanna, then also a baby ...





... issue 239 of The Avengers, dated January 1984, in which The Avengers try to boost their popularity by appearing as guests on NBC's "Late Night With David Letterman." This comic still has the original backing and bag that came with my purchase of it. I bought it at the All About Books and Comics on Camelback Road in Phoenix ...





... and a full length play I wrote in 1998 called "Cigarette Breaks of the Streamliners" which chronicles a year in the life of a random assortment of people working in a fast food establishment. It all takes place during various seasons while they are taking their cigarette breaks. It's funny and it does a good job explaining twentysomethings happily slaving in shitty jobs and the characters are sharp and written well, but I feel that it reeks of late 1990's indie films and Kevin Smith humor and too many nights memorizing Quentin Tarantino films.


Still, it might be worth taking a looking back at. Maybe I could do something with it. Would anybody be interested out there in giving this thing a read-thru?


If I find anything else cool I'll post.


Laters.

No comments: