NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Friday, August 19, 2011

Various Random Whatnots ...

-I am actually home alone right now. My two girls are shopping with my wife and mother-in-law. I'm not exactly sure how I managed to get left home alone, and with the computer no doubt, but with the place to myself and memories of the fair still fresh on my mind I decided to watch one of my favorite horror movies...




... Tobe Hooper's classic 1981 horror film The Funhouse. Four teens dare each other to spend the night in an old spookhouse ride at a carnival and end up getting stalked and killed by a deranged family. Classic movie. Still manages to freak me out. Not really scare me but just freak my shit out. Unfortunately, since the whole gang will eventually be back, who knows how long I have to watch this film. I'm betting I don't last until the first dead body shows up, but we'll see.


-In other news, the West Memphis 3 are free as of today, finally found innocent of the crime they were thrown in jail for almost twenty years ago. My heart is filled with joy over this news. I saw the documentary Paradise Lost: The Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills while staying in Tucson for a summer job in 1996. It moved me back then and from that point on I hoped that one day the three young teens, who seemed to have been thrown in jail only because they had long hair and listened to Metallica, would be set free. Today is that day and I am overjoyed as a result.




-I draw a good giraffe. Just so you know.


-So I just got to the first death in the movie, the gypsy fortune teller strangled to death by the Frankenstein-masked freak after a quickie handjob a little over halfway thru the film. Good for me that I made it this far without a wife and kids to interrupt it.




-Speaking of this amazing movie I'm watching, did you know that a novelization of the screenplay was written by Dean Koontz under the pseudonym Owen West? Yeah! I've always known that Stephen King-wannabe Koontz wrote a book called The Funhouse but I never put two and two together and realized that the book by the hack and the old film by the master of horror are in fact one and the same. According to the almighty wikipedia, as the film production took longer than expected, the book was actually released before the film. Wow. Neat. I may have to read one of his damn books now.


-Jaycee Duggard was kidnapped and raped and treated as a sex slave for over 11 whole years, but TO ME the REAL torture was that for fun and to pass the time she was forced to read whatever books were lying around, mostly Dean Koontz books. I mean, sure she was kidnapped at age 11 and raped repeatedly, but I would take THAT over having to read nothing but Dean Koontz crap!




-And speaking of books, I am rampaging through an absolutely AMAZING book right now! It's called "Ready Player One" by Ernest Cline and it is absolutely wonderful. It's a nerd's dream come true Equal parts Roald Dahl and retro future, I can't fully describe it without doing the novel an improper amount of justice. But if you are a person who like me was raised by pop culture then you will instantly inhale this book and wished you lived inside its pages! I have been reading it for a little over two days and I am already at page 235 with only about 130 pages left. I don't know if I have EVER read a book this fast in my life! I just do not ever want to leave this amazing virtual world. I wish the future was now so that its vision could come true!


-In the book, Wil Wheaton is the vice-president of the virtual future! YES! He absolutely has my vote!




-I just made it to the second death. The nerdy guy. He shouldn't have stolen the money, the dumbass. And now the blonde chick has disappeared thru the trapdoor. Man! I am booking it thru the deaths just like I'm booking it thru this book! Now I have only 24 minutes left in the film, but I still doubt I'll be allowed to make it thru the entire film.


-Also, anyone looking for a fun and well-written young adult mystery should buy the new book "The Wizard of Dark Street" by Shawn Thomas Oddysey. I read it in six days, then had the pleasure of hosting a book signing for the author, an amazing man who performed magic, read from his novel, and sang two pretty darn good songs, too! It's a fun read and everyone, young and old alike, should give it a shot...


The Wizard of Dark Street.com




-Just finished the movie! YEAAAAAAAHHH! Who's the man? I am! I finished watching the whole movie, then I immediately started watching the awesome-o-rama documentary American Grindhouse. It's a pretty amazing film and the link I just put up allows you to see the whole thing on hulu. FYI. Anyway, about fifteen minutes after I started watching it my family came back. But, surprisingly enough, they came back, dropped stuff off, and then left yet again. So I'm good to go once more. Yay!


To celebrate, here's some free music for your punk ass ...


The Ventures: Walk Don't Run

Panic At The Disco: The Only Difference Between Suicide And Martyrdom Is Press Coverage

Dead Elvi: The Creature Stole My Surfboard

Jim's Big Ego: Cut Off Your Head

No comments: