NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Long Road To Maxwell...



It is early Thursday morning, my youngest daughters birthday, and I am sitting on a deeply uncomfortable hospital couch next to my wife's hospital bed. I have been here by her side for almost 24 hours. I think I'm tired. I don't really know. But after a paltry breakfast and a redbull I'm feeling a wee bit better.


Where to begin...


My wife woke up at 6:30 am yesterday and, like clockwork, her water broke. After getting the kids ready for school we made our way to the hospital. Mercy Methodist. Small, close to home, personal, nice. We were in high spirits when we first arrived, but little did we know we would go thru the whole day with little progress. Natasha's contractions were infrequent and her cervix was diallating at a snail's pace. The baby was healthy and she was ready to give birth but her body apparently had different plans.


When she had Emerald she was young. They induced her and then did a c-section. When Isabela was born they had to do a c-section because she was in distress. This time around she wants to do this naturally, which I fully understand, but afteer 24 hours of short gains we may have to bite the bullet and schedule a c-section sometime soon today.


That's that. I feel a bit better now that I've had caffiene and I've blogged. I know my wife doesn't want a c-section but we don't have a lot of options here, you know? Anyway, I am facebooking real time status updates to my family in Arizona, so feel free to frie.nd me if you're interested.


Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers and/or pagan sacrifices.


Wind Clan out.

No comments: