NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Being Sixteen Again ...

I took this picture at work. It's a customer's arm. I took the picture because it's got Bela Lugosi on it, plus I had recently shown the original Creature from the Black Lagoon to my girls and they loved it, so I wanted to show this tat off to my kids.

I also took the picture because it made me feel better about where I was living. This is such a white person state. It's hard for me to live here sometimes. I'm not a fish out of water. I'm a fish in freaking SPACE! So it's comforting to know that in Oklahoma in this sea of Christians and Republicans and Mormon morons and Southern Baptists and rednecks and rich W.A.S.P.s and white bread white people that there are a few "strange" people like me who are awesome.

I feel sixteen, though. I've been living with my in-laws for about five months now. It wasn't supposed to be this long of a time living with them, but I'm making a lot less now that i transferred from being the manager in charge of the kids section in Sacramento to the awesome part-time employee in Norman, Oklahoma. I could get a second job but I'm so exhausted just from the one that I fear the idea of a second, plus my bookstore job gives me such erratic hours that I'm not even sure a second job would work out anyway.

So I'm here living in Seminole, Oklahoma in a house with my in-laws. And don't get me wrong. They are great people and I am eternally thankful for them taking us in. They are providing us with a roof over our heads and food and for that I am grateful.

But I'm just a kid in their house that gets scolded and yelled at and teased and reprimanded. I feel like everything I do is wrong and I can't do anything right. I went from being the MAN of the house to being just another kid in the family. I'm treated now like I'm just a teenager.

It's tough. Sure it is. I'm a thirty-five year old sixteen year old. It sucks. But at least we still have each other, me and my amazing busty wife and our two beautiful daughters and my awesome son who's almost eight months old. At least we are still a family, an awesome family. This is what's best for my family and if what's best for them means I get treated like a snot-nosed teenager then so be it.

Wind Clan out.

No comments: