NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Monday, May 21, 2012

Free Form Blog Posting ...

I have today off. Yay me.

I'm currently in the kitchen with my mother-in-law and Lisa. The stormy weather we've been having has cleared into a bright, breezy day. I'm very busy doing nothing.

I'm on a huge reading kick, as you can tell by looking at the good book column on the left side of my blog. I am currently in the middle of reading Betty White's autobiography (I'd do her in a second!) and I love it. Newfound respect for that amazing broad! I'm also sipping my second or third cup of lukewarm coffee and debating whether or not I should watch WWE Raw tonight. I'm just not that into wrestling right now. Typical after-Wrestlemania malaise. I know I should care but I don't. Fuck all that. Yawn.

Speaking of fucking all that ...

I just got a really negative comment on my blog from someone really upset about how I've been occasionally throwing away plastic bags. Yeah. Gee whiz, that a sin. Ohhhh.

Look. I don't believe in recycling. Okay? It's just a placebo for Earth. Did you know that The National Recycling Counsel is supported by Coca-Cola, Pepsico, Anheuser-Busch, Coors, Owens-Illinois, and International Bottled Water Association, the same damn evil corporations that are busy making money ruining the earth. The website Tree Hugger.com says this:

"Recycling is simply the transfer of producer responsibility for what they produce to the taxpayer who has to pick it up and take it away."

Yeah. That's my feelings in a nutshell. These companies knowingly create waste that we the people have to take care of. Plus, I don't see recycling as being the end all cure to fix this rotting world. Major governmental change is what will heal this planet. Corporations can heal this planet. But they have shifted the blame to us and pretend that recycling a can or a bag will save the world. It's just a placebo. So do it if you want, if it makes you feel better, but don't expect me to do it.

Liberal left wing hippies everywhere are enraged now. I don't really care.

The kids have only one more week of school and then they are off. Summer. Can't believe that it's already here. But what am I going to do with these kids? I want to watch a ton of movies with them. They loved The Avengers. Now there's Spider-Man, maybe Batman, but that's probably too dark for the kids. I want road trips, too. Good old fashioned American road trips in a hot, melting car to go far, far away and ogle at boring Americana crap. That's the American dream and I want some.

There's no real singular point to this post. I'm just free forming it. Buckle up, then, folks.

The craziest video games of all time!

Just got off the phone with my dad. I talked with him for a half an hour. That's like a record. God bless the man. I love him. He just was always working when I was growing up. I feel that cable and my mmom raised me more than he did. I love him, though, and those few times he took me to a comic book store or the Dairy Queen with the train set were amazing times I will always cherish. I swear not to be the same way with my kids, not to focus on work more than LIFE, you know? I feel that I actually WAS that way when I was a manager back in Sacramento. Back there at Arden it was always work and the company and selling and sales strategy and the store and e-planner and all this red tape corporate bullshit. Well fuck all that. My kids are my #1 priority.

That and boobs.

I'm trying to get my brown ass to the desert. I really want to go to Arizona so I can visit my family and my slightly troubled older brother Joe who has had his share of hard times recently. My dad said that he could score some cheap airfare tickets of I ever wanted to visit and he was right. He found some plane tickets that are only $97 round trip! The only catch is that I have to leave via DALLAS at 11pm and arrive at 5:05am. That's pretty extreme, plus the drive from Nowhere, Oklahoma to freaking Dallas is like three hours long. And that's a pretty damn far ways away.

The Clash: Should I Stay Or Should I Go?

So my wife and I are debating this. should I stay or should I go? I really want to be there. I feel that I can really help my brother in what he's dealing with. But DAMN that's a drive and I'm not made out of freaking gas money! I also don't want my wife to resent me. That's the biggest fear that I have. I don't want her to go "Ugh! Great, now I have to take my stupid husband all the way to freaking Dallas!" and huff and puff. But I really do want to go.

I think I've had too much coffee. I feel like I could Hulk out or punch a hole thru a walrus or something.

I'll talk to you later.

Wind Clan out.

No comments: