NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Perils Of Another Mini-cation ...

Four days off in a row. Very nice. Four freaking days. So once again I find myself in yet another accidental mini-vacation.

However, while day three begins today, I think I can safely say that most of the previous mini-cation days that I just passed thru have had their challenges and that today already seems to be no exception ...

For starters, including Maxwell there are six loud and crazy kids in this house right now. Isabela is playing with Lisa's daughter AND with the two crazy girls that Nanah is supposed to take care of, but Nanah is taking Lisa to a job interview and my wife screwed up her knee and is taking a nap, so the burden of making these girls STOP SCREAMING falls to me. It's hard. They just aren't listening to me. They're fighting each other and screaming and fighting and screaming and hitting and screaming like crazy and nothing I say will make them stop. I put Madagascar on just to try and quiet them down and it seems to have worked a little bit. But for how long, you know?

Secondly, I got a dvd from Netflix the other day, probably three days ago actually. I saw the title pop up and sent it my my house SIMPLY on the HIDEOUS title: "The Calamari Wrestler" ...

This thing is an unmitigated shitburger!

Here's what the wikipedia god has to say:

"The Calamari Wrestler (Japanese title: Ika resuraa) is a 2004 Japanese film by director Minoru Kawasaki, starring Kana Ishida and Osamu Nishimura. The plot revolves around a professional wrestler who, after developing a terminal illness, becomes a giant squid-like creature. As a giant squid, he must battle to reclaim his former life both inside and outside the ring."

It has been three days now of my TRYING to watch this movie. But it's hard. This thing, it's shit. It's absolute shit. I mean, maybe if I was with a group of friends and I was DRUNK then MAYBE it would be fun. But being alone watching some jap guy in a rubber suit wrestling... it's just bad. It's REEEEEALLY bad. I'm trying to power my way thru it but ... well, I'm just worried.

In a previous post, I already discussed my fear of losing my love of bad movies and THIS Onion article expresses my fears perfectly. I'm just worried that me not watching this spells doom of my love of bad movies. I'm just worried that age is making me lose sight of who I am.

Thirdly, and I don't want to go into too much detail because I am not 100% sure who reads this, but let me say this: I am treated like a sixteen year old misanthrope and not the thirty five year old father that I am. I want out. Losing my mind. And that's all I want to say about that.

I was invited to take part in a blog roll for music blogs that post free music. And yeah, I DO do that. But I decided not to take part in that because I feel that if I did indeed take part then I would probably feel pressured to focus less on bad movies and my own personal shiznittle and focus more on posting music stuff. And that's not how I want this blog to go, you know?

I love my blog. I really do.

Later.

No comments: