NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Monday, May 7, 2012

Seeing "The Avengers" ...

I live in such a small midwestern town that it's a half hour to the first showing on opening day of the Avengers ... and the parking lot is nearly empty! I'm from big cities, so I'm used to waiting for two + hours before a movie opens! But it's starting at 4:15pm and there's maybe 30 people here to see it! WTF!?! It's like I live in freaking crazytown!

The theater only has two screens and it's the only theater they have in town!


They have Mortal Kombat 3 in their three game "arcade" in the small ass lobby. This is a small ass theater!

One of the employees in the snack bar tells me before the movie that they start showing movies usually around 4pm because all the employees are from the local high school. It's like I went from watching movie at the AMC Deer Valley 30 to seeing movies at a theater that John Cougar Mellencamp would sing about. I wonder if Jack and Dianne worked here?

The ghetto-ness of the theater doesn't stop us from having a kick ass time.

And as you can see here, Isabela is trying to stand in the official Marvel comic "Jack Kirby Action Stance" which is one foot forward and somehow huge with one foot behind you and somehow petite. I will include a sample "Jack Kirby Action Stance" drawing for comparisons and contrasts.


Even the lack of air conditioning doesn't stop us from loving the movie. It was amazing. I basically had a geekgasm! It was the movie I always dreamed about watching when I was a little boy reading old Avengers comics. It was absolutely stunning.

And it's a good thing that we went to the first showing at 4:15 because the second showing of the day had over 200 people ... so I guess half the damn town!

Craaaaaaazy!

No comments: