NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Jim's Big Ego Was Right ...

My favorite band of all time is an amazing band that I have been listening to for about fourteen years, they still release quality albums, they are entertaining and thought-provoking, and I will probably never see them live.

I am talking about Boston's own Jim's Big Ego, whose music I discovered online when I was in college and have been listening to ever since. They just released a brand new album as well as an entire album of short but deeply meaningful ringtones. Crazy, right?

I freaking love these guys.

I never travel and now I'm stuck here in Oklahoma, so I will probably never see them live. That's sad. But I still love them and talk them up at every possible opportunity.

I thought of them when I read this article in the news today ...

"London (CNN) -- Eight female badminton players were disqualified from the Olympics on Wednesday for trying to lose matches the day before, the Badminton World Federation announced after a disciplinary hearing.

The players from China, South Korea and Indonesia were accused of playing to lose in order to face easier opponents in future matches, drawing boos from spectators and warnings from match officials Tuesday night.

All four pairs of players were charged with not doing their best to win a match and abusing or demeaning the sport."

HA!

Stupid olympics.

Anyway, this olympics story completely reminded me of THIS JBE song ...

Nice.

No comments: