NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Remembering The Robbery ...

At work I am participating in this interactive learning software that is supposed to teach us about how to be a good employee and save money and avoid scams and "lp" and all that. It's basically the same stuff they make us read when we are first hired, except repackaged to make it seem like a fun game.

Yeah. Exciting, right?

Well, the system officially made me deeply nervous and incredibly uncomfortable last night when it started asking me what you do in case of a robbery.

"Although robberies are rare," it dared to say, "this is what you do."

So I want you to look at the following picture and see if you can recognize the blurred face of the brave, brown skinned, handsome looking gentleman ...

Yeah. Robberies are rare.

Ri-i-i-i-i-i-ight.

So here I am closing at work and this machine is reminding me that on a closing shift just like this one I was robbed at gunpoint almost three years ago, sending me headfirst into post traumatic stress disorder and cutting myself.

So you want to teach me what to do in case of a robbery, Mr. Bookmaster?

Been there. Done that.

So fuck off.

Interesting side note: the four of us who were in the robbery said we would be friends forever, that we were family now. Then about one month later I casually mentioned the word rape in a facebook post about a really bad movie and the manager during the robbery cussed me out on my birthday and called me an idiot, then stopped talking to me. On my birthday! I sometimes flip off the sky and somehow hope she can feel that it's meant for her. I also do that to the man who took advantage of my PTSD and used it to repeatedly get me in trouble for mainly bullshit reasons, probably because I was making too much money. This is why I flip off the sky. And it's also why this slow, boring, do nothing life in Nowhere, Oklahoma is actually comforting to me. Anywhere is better than Sacramento to me now.

And I am NOT IN ANY WAY saying that a certain corporation did jack shit for me after the robbery and I am most certainly NOT SAYING that the management of the store actually treated me WORSE after saving everyone's life during a robbery. And, just to be clear, I am not in any way whatsoever saying that the store manager consciously took advantage of my Post Traumatic Stress Disorder after the robbery in a direct attempt to make me quit because I was making too much $$$ and the store was in severe financial jeopardy. I am not saying any of those things. I will say, however, that the best thing that ever happened to me was moving the fuck out of Sacramento.

No comments: