NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Monday, May 27, 2013

The Painful Drive ..

I drove thru Moore, Oklahoma a few days ago.

It broke my heart.

Really.

I usually drive to work by taking the 40 to the 240 and then hit the 35 straight to my job. But since the big tornado destroyed the 35 then I have spent the last week taking the 9. It's a straight shot to Norman on the 9 but there are so many twists and turns that it takes 10 to 15 minutes longer to get to work that way. But I've been hearing about how bad the 35 still is and how packed and congested it is, so I've been avoiding the 35 every day.

Last Saturday I thought that since it was fairly early and a weekend that I would just take the 35. Just this once.

I was woefully unprepared mentally for what I saw.

Everything looked normal. I mean, the buildings were still there and everything looked fine and all.

Eventually I saw the Warren movie theater coming up ahead ... and that's when I realized that I could never see it before because the mega church and the bank and the bowling alley that covered up my view were demolished.

It broke my heart seeing the damage up close.

Seeing buildings I regularly drove by and stopped in and visited, seeing them completely demolished like a house made of sticks. Seeing houses obliterated. There's no words to describe it.

Seeing how much damage a tornado can do up close, it really does a good job of shutting you up because your problems are not REAL problems when compaired to all the people without houses.

I almost feel blessed to be alive.

Or, I would if I believed in that shit.

No comments: