NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Steve's Church-less Movie Of The Week: Special Ed Wood Edition ...

Yoinked from wikipedia and my own badass movie knowledge ...

"I Woke Up Early The Day I Died is 1998 American thriller/comedy film written by Edward D. Wood, Jr. It was the last full script he wrote before his death. The movie, produced two decades after Edward D. Wood Jr.'s death, was aimed at being a tribute to him. The producers of this film used many techniques that Wood himself would use, such as including stock footage to save filming expenses.

The entire film is silent except for music and incidental sounds. The film, directed by Aris Iliopulos, features a MASSIVE CAST which includes Billy Zane, Tippi Hedren, Ron Perlman, Christina Ricci, Leif Garret, Eartha Kitt (whose name appears on a theater marque in Ed's Plan 9), Maila Nurmi (Vampira), Will Patton, Tara Reid, John Ritter, Jonathan Taylor Thomas, Steven Weber, and many others.

This film marks Vampira's last film appearance.

The film earned rave reviews internationally and was released on VHS in Germany. However, the film company went bankrupt shortly after the film's premiere in New York, making this film widely unseen."

VISIT THE CHURCH OF ED WOOD HERE!

1 comment:

JuanDoe said...

Hi Steve,

I hope this finds you well. I'm a freelance journalist working on a story about "bad" film, and I came across you and the Church of Ed Wood in my research. I was wondering if you might be able to spare a few minutes to talk sometime tomorrow. Any chance you're available? (If so, please email me at adammrosen@gmail.com.) I'd be deeply grateful for your time.

Very best,

Adam Rosen