NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Lego Batman And The Future Of Video Games ...

There's a new Lego Batman movie that was just released on dvd, called "Lego Batman: The Movie – DC Super Heroes Unite."

Here's the thing, tho ...

FROM WIKIPEDIA:

"Warner Premiere released Lego Batman: The Movie – DC Super Heroes Unite, a direct-to-video animated film adaptation of the video game produced by TT Animation. The film uses cutscenes from the game as well as new scenes to replace gameplay. The film, produced and directed by Jon Burton, was released on May 21, 2013."

So, basically, they released the video game cut scenes as a movie.

I see this as the future of video games. I really do.

Releasing the Lego Batman video game as a dvd really does set an amazing precedent. What if ALL the major console video games released dvds of their cut scenes? Could this be the future? It certainly smacks of common sense. I mean, how many times have YOU seen a commercial for a game and thought it was a movie preview?

Honestly, there are a billlion games that I would never play but I would easily buy as a dvd.

I hope to see more of this sort of thing soon.

No comments: