NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Inside Oklahoma Snowmageddon 2014 ...

My name is Steve.

I'm 36 years old. I have a wife and three adorable kids and, finally, really good wi-fi.

And currently we are all snowed in on account of ...

(pause for effect)

SNOWMAGEDDON!!!

Sigh.

Apparently that's what people are calling it. And I admit, it's prrrretty bad out there. I mean, it started snowing a bit in the morning but as the day goes on it just snows more and more and more.

Right now it's 9:30am and I would honestly go so far as to say that this is a "snowstorm," a pretty bad one. But, then again, I was raised in Phoenix. So what do I know about snowstorms, right?

Of course, Oklahoma news is freaking out over it, which is what they do best. Any hint of bad weather and Oklahoma news starts whipping these poor Okies into a panicked redneck stupor.

Check out this panic-inducing Channel 4 news report ...

“Snowmageddon is nigh; You know what that means? Grocery store time!"

But their freakout state MAAAAY be justified.

Here are some pictures I took outside ...

JUST KIDDING!

But those are damn funny, right?

Seriously, though, here are the pictures from this morning ...

It's really naaaaaaasty outside. Really. It just will not stop freaking snowing. It just keeps getting worse and worse. Thank goodness we got more food and snow shovels and salt and stuff yesterday. We are definitely going to need it these next few days.

Anyway, here are the two main things that I'm worried about:

1) The kids. They're almost definitely going to have a snow day tomorrow. And maybe the day after that. And, I dunno, maybe a day or two after that as well. And although I love my kids, the last time they got a bunch of snow days off I almost went fucking insane. So I'm not looking forward to that.

and

2) My wife. She works in the kitchen at a very nice and safe Juvenile Correctional Facility. She is an "Essential Employee." That means that they absolutely HAVE to have her at work, regardless of the weather. So it could be thirty feet of snow outside and that would NOT be a valid reason for my wife to miss work. She HAS to be there tomorrow. That really worries me. Gawd. I hope she's okay tomorrow.

Well, that's that.

I'll probably be posting a movie in a little bit, so stay tuned.

That is all.

No comments: