NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Happy Galindomas Eve Eve Eve Eve ...

Happy Galindomas Eve Eve Eve Eve, everybody.

See, the good thing about having your very own religion is that you get to create your very own holy days. And I am pretty Woodian blessed to be friends with a number of followers who actually DO celebrate the days that I have created. In fact, just the other day I was contacted by a follower who asked what kind of tree do you decorate during Galindomas. I said either bonsai or broccoli.

So I have created a bunch of holy days, primarily so that I could have some days off like my Catholic counterparts. And they're cool ones, too. MARCH 15th is the anniversary of the world premiere of "Plan 9 from Outer Space". April is the "National 'Glen or Glenda?' Month of Rememberance". Nice one.

But my birthday is a holy day that my followers dubbed "Galindomas".

Here's what one of my "Holy Lessons of Wood" has to say about Galindomas ...

"MARCH 22nd: Reverend Steve Galindo's Birthday (aka Galindomas)

It's difficult to talk about the social and spiritual importance of your own birthday. You just try it sometime. I'm not going to get up here and talk about how important I am and how I represent the modern day whatever and the importance of a spiritual whatnot. I'm not going to sit here and play with myself by stroking my own ego. This is my birthday. I was born in 1977 in Prescott, Arizona as the only Latino in a town of people with a shotgun and a banjo. I moved to Phoenix in 1984 and stayed there for a really long time. This is where I eventually created the Church of Ed Wood and Woodism. I came up with the idea in front of a computer at the main computer lab at Arizona State. Now I'm in Sacramento trying to start a family and promote Woodism as a major mainstream religion. My birthdays used to be huge when I was a kid and the older I get the smaller they are. So go play some video games or watch an Ed Wood film on my birthday. Feel free to tell work you have to take this day off because its the "Feast of Galindomas." You can thank me later."

Good stuff.

So today, technically, is Galindomas Eve Eve Eve Eve.

So have a happy Galindomas Eve Eve Eve Eve, everybody.

For most of these recent years, my birthday has been treated within my family as just another birthday. Nothing special. A few doctor's appointments, mayyyyybe go out somewhere to eat, but that's about it.

This year, though, my wife seems to really want to make up for those boring Galinomassesss by 1) actually buying me gifts ahead of time, and 2) letting me do whatever I want to do.

And this year what I really want to do is go back to the amazing old drive-in theater in Chickasha, Oklahoma for a swwwwweet triple feature.

They're showing:

-the new Muppet movie (yaaaay!)
-Divergent (ehh, probly be good.)
-Need for Speed (supposed to be crap, so I'm excited!)

But this old drive-in is so amazing that I could watch ANYTHING and it would be an incredible treat. Everything about that drive-in is amazing. The small snack bar, the putt putt course in front of the screen, the outside seats! I have never seen outside seats at a drive-in anywhere other than in the movie The Outsiders! The place is great.

Finally, I cannot wait for Galindomas!

No comments: