NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Poor Sick Baby ...

This is Maxwell a few days ago, happy as can be.

He definitely does NOT look like that now.

My son is sick. and I mean like vomiting in a bucket sort of sick.

I knew something was up when he didn't want to eat his cereal. This boy devours cereal. He's like Undertaker at Wrestlemania with his cereal. He's been known to have three or four big bowls in a single morning. But yesterday he just didn't want to eat. Slight fever, sure, but he was hyper and running around an playing, so I thought nothing of it. Then he fell asleep, woke up, and vomited his first "real" vomit. It was big, dark, chunky, and it even smelled like an adult vomit. And that was the first time. I'd guestimate that he vomited about seven or eight times yesterday.

It was bad. Things were bad.

After his third vicious hurl he looked at me with his sad and sweaty and even slightly pale looking face, he held his little hands up, and he shrugged, as if to say "Why, daddy?" He doesn't know what's going on. He's only two. He's never vomited before. He has no idea what this feeling is. And, stupid daddy, I didn't have an answer for him. All I could say was "I'm sorry."

My poor sick baby.

This HAS to be because of the lack of breast feeding. See, being breast fed is so healthy and when my wife was home and he was able to breast feed all throughout the day my son NEVER got sick. However, since my wife works so frequently now, my son isn't being breast fed as much and as a result he's experiencing his first dry heaves and projectile vomiting.

But, despite his fever, he woke up early and actually walked around a bit this morning. For the last half of yesterday he would just say on the couch like a zombie, moving only to vomit or be carried to the bathroom. But this morning he was walked around, hugging people, and he even played a little bit. He even drank water without violently vomiting all over the living room. So, hopefully, he's a little boy on the recovery tip.

Still, though, try and keep my son in your thoughts today. Positive vibes. I find that helps a lot.

Thanks.

No comments: