NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Godzilla In IMAX 3D: My Experience ...

On Saturday, May 17th, 2014 I got off at 2:30 and booked ass to the massive IMAX 3D screen at the legendary Warren Theater in Moore, Oklahoma.

THIS is the shirt I chose to wear (and I am PROUD to state that my son can name all the monsters except the lame ass Jet Jaguar) ...

I got to the IMAX over an hour before the movie was set to start and yet the line was going from the IMAX theater on the far right side of the massive complex all the way thru the lobby of the main theater and on to the complete opposite side. The line was huuuuuuuuge.

There were so many little kids and families and parents and grandparents taking kids WAAAAY too young to be seeing this film. There was a little kid in line behind me that was crying because he thought he was seeing Spider-Man and didn't want to see Godzilla. That fucking bitch.

However, all credit to the Warren Theater, despite the massive line I waited in I still got an awesome seat.

I actually sat in an aisle seat. AN AISLE SEAT!!!It's been fucking YEEEAAARRRSS since I've gotten an aisle seat! Seriously! My damn WIFE always gets the aisle. And when I'm not with my wife and yet I'm with my kids they're always bitching and fighting to see who gets it.

So I never get it. But I got it at Godzilla and that meant a lot to me.

The IMAX theater there holds 600 people and it was completely sold out. The place was packed! I forgot why I don't see movies when they come out. I sat next to a southern guy with a lisp and his five veeeeerrrry young kids. There were so many "bros" and white yuppies and annoying little kids, I started getting claustrophobic! AND NONE OF THESE PEOPLE actually LIKE GOJIRA! Posers!

The whole thing really freaked me out. I kept trying to remind myself that A) I deserved this, and B) this was an important movie for me. I absolutely cannot remember when the last time was that I saw a movie in theaters the weekend it came out, not including Capt. America at the drive in. So it was maddening and claustrophobic but totally worth it.

Incidentally, this was the FOURTH Godzilla movie I've seen in theaters the weekend it came out: Godzilla 1985, the crappy American Godzilla abortion, Godzilla 2000, and now this.

It was a fucking amaaaaaazing movie.

Gotta love the Warren Theater, those guys reeeeaaaally went all out. On my way out I managed to get a selfie with the star of the movie ...

... and I got an autographed picture of him, too ...

Amazing movie. Amazing theater.

I had a great ass time.

Buuuuuuuuut ...

Here's the thing, tho...

THE IMAX MADE ME CRRRAZY DIZZY!!!

Seriously, halfway thru the movie I thought I was going to vomit! I was so ashamed! I got motion sickness at an IMAX!

I was vaguely ashamed. I thought it might be because I'm older now, in my late thirties, and since it's so much easier for me to get dizzy that the big IMAX screen just knocked me on my ass, but when I got home I looked up "IMAX sickness" and apparently this is a regular thing for a lot of people ...

From Reel Views.net ...
"Personally, I have never enjoyed watching a movie in an IMAX theater. It's too in-your-face. It's too overwhelming. There's the ever-present danger of motion sickness. I love roller coasters, but I don't go to movie theaters to experience them."

I'm not the only one!

Yeah, so apparently, motion sickness from watching an IMAX movie is a fairly regular thing. And although I loved the movie and had an amazing tine, the massive ass screen just made me want to vomit my guts out. I don't think I'd ever go see a movie there again. I mean, it would have to be a prrrrrrretty special movie for me to go thru all that again. Maybe Guardians of the Galaxy in August. Strong maaaaaaybe.

And HERE'S AN EASTER EGG for you: There's a split second look at a kids empty pet tank with tape on it saying the pet's name: Mothra.

Doubt any of these damn Okies saw that!

My wife knows I saw it.

No comments: