NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Monday, May 19, 2014

Wife Leaves: The Final Challenge ...

Today marks the third day in a row that my 32 month old son has woken up freaking out at 3:30 am. Yay me, right?

But the longer my wife is gone, the more my son doesn't see her, the more my son really does want and need me instead of her and this morning, a first, I was actually able to get him to go potty and then rock him to sleep in the space of about ten minutes.

Sure he fell asleep on my chest and face and it made me feel HIGHLY claustrophobic but the important part here is that I put him back to sleep and that is definitely a win in my book.

Now I am facing another parenting challenge. This time it's a BIG one and not just my own parental paranoia ...

Tomorrow I drive to Dallas to pick up my wife.

I will be taking my son with me.

Just me and my son doing a three hour drive in the middle of the day.

I don't know if I can do this.

When we did the drive the last time, my son did wonderfully SOLELY BECAUSE my wife drove as I spent about 65% of the time talking and playing with our fussy little one, then he fell asleep right before we got to the airport and slept all the way home.

This time, however, I will NOT be able to spend as much time talking with him and joking around with him. I can't focus solely on my son when I'm driving.

How the hell am I supposed to do this?

This is going to suck.

So I am currently in the process of filling my brand spanking new laptop with as many kiddie crap and monster movies as I can: Spongebob, Destroy All Monsters, Aladdin, Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla, Fantasia 2000, Captain America, Cars, Son of Godzilla and much much more.

I'm hoping that by filling my laptop with movies and cartoons and crap and having it propped up between the two front seats of my car that I will set up a little makeshift movie theater for him that will distract him enough to do this drive IN THE DAYTIME without freaking out too much.

Fingers crossed.

Wish me luck.

No comments: