NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Friday, August 15, 2014

My Skin Disorder ...

There's something wrong with my skin. It's bad. And finding out anything about it is nearly impossible.

Lets get serious here.

I'm going to talk to you now about my hideous new skin ... disorder? Problem? Sickness? Disease? I don't think it's a disease. I mean, it's not something I "contracted" and it's not anything I can pass. But it's there now. I have it. It's effecting my skin and messing with my life.

And it's hell.

So I've recently learned that I have a form of a skin disorder called DERMAGRAPHISM.

It sucks.

Here's the wikipedia:

"Dermatographic urticaria (also known as dermographism, dermatographism or "skin writing") is a skin disorder seen in 4–5% of the world's population and is one of the most common types of urticaria, in which the skin becomes raised and inflamed when stroked, scratched, rubbed, and sometimes even slapped."

Basically, I have super sensitive skin.

Now, I know I just said that I had dermagraphism. And that's a slight falsehood. My 9,000 year old doctor said that I had "hypergraphism," which is essentially a FORM of dermagraphism.

See, dermagraphism focuses on scratches and pressure. But hypergraphism is a much more sensitive version. Basically, the entirety of my skin goes balls out nuts over pretty much ANYTHING and/or EVERYTHING!

Sunlight, the wind, a small scratch, grass, pressure, certain substances, plastic. I mean, you name it and it probably makes my skin go crazy and painful and itchy and red.

WANT PROOF?

This was me yesterday ...

You may be asking yourself, what caused my skin to go nuts yesterday?

I was outside for about twenty minutes.

That was it.

I've been trying to find out more information about hypergraphism. Unfortunately, hypergraphism sounds an awful lot like ANOTHER disease called Hypergraphia, which is a rare behavioral condition characterized by the intense desire to write. You just have to write, like all the time. On paper, walls, toilet paper, skin. You name it.

Hypergraphism is sensitive skin. But hypergraphia sounds more exciting. And therefore, there's really nothing on the internet on hypergraphism and a shitload of stuff about hypergraphia.

Fucking bullshit.

Anyway, thanks for caring.

No comments: