NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Watching Dr. Who For The First Time: Earning The Shirt ...

So a few days ago I announced my mad quest to watch as many episodes of Dr. Who as I could. And during that post I casually mentioned a few vague reasons why I was doing this which included childhood memories of PBS and episodes of the show Community, among others

But that's not all of it. I have another story to say. It's ... sorta personal. So I'm going to be as vague as I can about this.

Here goes ...

There was this girl. Woman. I knew her from storytime. She'd come religiously. And after I'd say a year she went from casual acquaintance to very good friend. Then from May of 2014 to about now she was a major and extremely invaluable member of my life. She helped me when I was down and really took care of me.

Now we're not talking. And I don't know if we ever will.

But last Christmas she gave me a t-shirt, one that a number of months before I had casually mentioned in passing that I would like to have. It's a shirt featuring the Pigeon from the kids book "Don't Let The Pigeon Drive The Bus" and if you know anything about my crazy (and wildly popular) weekly storytimes then you know the Pigeon is a regular visitor.

But on the shirt the Pigeon doesn't want to drive a bus. He wants to drive a Tardis.

I have worn it only once.

I feel like I don't deserve the shirt.

I mean, sure I deserve a shirt with the Pigeon on it. Heck, the Pigeon has been visiting my storytimes for almost a decade. I deserve a Pigeon shirt. But I know nothing, aaaaaaabsolutelt NOTHING, about Dr. Who. Nothing at all. Nada. Zip. Zilch.

I don't deserve a Dr. Who shirt.

It's my intention to earn that damn shirt.

Stay tuned. "Watching Dr. Who For The First Time" starts in a day or two.

No comments: