NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Watching Dr. Who For The First Time: An Explanation ...

Yes.

It's time.

It is time that I, Reverend Steve, watch Dr. Who for the first time.

Now let me explain my intentions ...

For a while now I have been slowly but surely watching the cult tv show Firefly for the first time and that has been wildly successful, lots of really positive feedback. People seem to like a virgin watching a cult television show with a clear, unfiltered eye.

Plus it's just fun to watch.

So why Dr. Who?

Well, for starters it's one of the longest running shows ever. It's amazing to think that it started as a strange low budget sci-fi show in the freaking SIXTIES and it still has such a loyal fan base. That's impressive and I want so desperately to jump headfirst into that world.

Also, I am obsessed with the show Community and in it the character of Abed is obsessed with a British show called "Inspector Spacetime" and I know juuuust enough to laugh at that.

Also, I vaguely remember my childhood growing up in the eighties having the fourth Doctor playing on PBS every Sunday morning. I vaguely remember watching an episode or two. The Tardis. Aliens. A rainbow scarf. Some sort of lame looking robotic dog. I have vague Dr. Who memories, vague memories of occasionally watching a few episodes but no memories of really loving it.

Now that I am older I consider that a crime. And I intend to rectify that.

So now we have come to my biiiiiiiig problem ... See, I've been saying for a long time now that eventually I would start in watching Dr. Who. The only problem is that I don't know where to start. People keep telling me that I should just start in with the sort of "reboot" in the nineties, which is all fine and dandy. But I'm O.C.D. I am a complete-ist. I can't just start in the middle of something. That's impossible for me. That is a crime, good sir. Plain and simple. I just have to have to HAAAAAAVE TO go all the damn way from the beginning to el fin, the end.

The only problem there is that, as far as I can tell, doing that with Dr. Who is prrrrretty much impossible.

So, a compromise.

I will watch as many episodes as I can from each and every doctor.

I have the first four episodes of the first Doctor on my laptop and the very first one on my cellphone as I type this.

I will be doing this. And soon.

So stay tuned ...

No comments: