NOTE: If you are easily offended by offensive things then please go somewhere else. I suggest pbskids.org or barbie.com, you wuss!


SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LISTEN TO MY HILARIOUS AND WILDLY OFFENSIVE PODCAST!

Sunday, January 1, 2017

My New Years Movie Marathon ...

My New Year's Eve was odd.

For starters, my son Max is spending a nice chunk of his Christmas break at his grandmother's house. I wanted him to be home for ringing in the new year, but he really wanted to go to church. So, right off the bat, we didn't have our whole family with us for New Year's Eve.

There were other problems. Amber was spending the night with her church group, a sort of "lock in at the rec center" sort of deal. Bela was home, as usual, but Emerald was having a friend over for a sleepover so she just stayed in her room all night.

Natasha was home, sure, but she kind of in her own world. She was having a hard time. She writes a lot and she had some sort of deadline that she just HAD to meet by midnight. That AAAND the fact that the baby has been sick for a few days, so she just wants to spend ALL of her time attached to mommy and that just causes my wife to get flustered and annoyed, you know? It's tough having an angry, snotty, hot baby attached to you 24-7, so she just wanted time alone.

So when midnight rolled around I was pretty much all alone trying to calm down a screaming baby. And I read a couple times this year that what you end up doing precisely at midnight on New years is what is going to happen to you a LOT in the coming year. And if that is the case, then I am going to have a pretty lonely 2017.

So yay me, I guess.

So I decided to take matters into my own hands and do a movie marathon this weekend.

Right now it's a little after noon on New Years Day and this weekend I've watched 21 Jump Street, 22 Jump Street, the vaguely adorable 2009 comedy Mystery Team, the MST3K episode with Manos: The Hands of Fate, and right now Bela and I are finishing up Abbot and Costello Meet Frankenstein. After that Isabela wants to watch Trolls. I don't. AT ALL! But I might out it on for her and just half pay attention.

I don't know what we'll watch after that. But it doesn't really matter.

What matters is that I'm taking this new year into my own hands. I am in control of 2017.

I am in charge of my life.

No comments: